Thursday, March 23, 2023

Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs Recipe • Sooo Good! | Club Foody

 

When the weather warms up, I know we’re pretty close to BBQ season but until we get there and really start grilling – yes, I’m aware that there are many of you who like to barbecue when it’s cold… not us! -, I make other dishes.
 
David and I enjoy ribs and like to throw a few racks on the “barbie”… it’s so delicious! I think of Canadian Smoky Pork Ribs, Maui-Style Beef Short Ribs, BBQ Pork Ribs, etc. I also have a few recipes that are perfect for indoors like Chinese 5 Spice Spare RibsBraised Beef Short Ribs with Sherry & ShiitakeSweet Pork RibsRed Wine Braised Short Ribs, or this featured one… Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs!
 
These are spectacular! I use Korean-style Short Ribs also known as Flanken-style. They’re not the short little guys we normally use. They’re butterflied across the bone lengthwise therefore they come out in long strips with small bones attached to them. Years ago, they were found at Asian or Korean markets but these days, many grocery stores carry them.
 
To make these Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs, I quickly browned them before braising them for a couple of hours in a delicious savory sauce. After the cooking time is up, I put them aside and thicken the sauce before returning them back to the Dutch oven. They come out moist, tender and so flavorful…
 
Obviously, the sauce is a big component for this dish! There’s a lot of deliciousness that goes in it. Lemongrass is one of them and I smash the herb to help release the essential oils. To learn more on how to prep it, click on this link… Prepping Lemongrass • How to. Another one I’d like to mention is my homemade Sweet Chili Sauce which gives a gorgeous layer to the braising liquid.
 
My husband and I created this incredible Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs way back and every time we make it, there’s a lot of “mmm”, “nom nom”, and “OMG’s”. Slowly braised in a tasty sauce and served with rice and bok choy, these beef short ribs are so lip-smacking good! If you’ve never tried them before, you don’t know what you’re missing!
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are several more amazing beef recipes for you to enjoy…
– Roast Beef with Fresh Herbs
– Veal Ossobuco
– Steak Tartare
– Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
– Best Beef Liver with Onions
– Beef Rouladen
– Coffee Beef Stew
– Boeuf Bourguignon (Beef Bourguignon)
and for even more beef recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/asian-style-beef-short-ribs/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs




No comments:

Post a Comment