Sunday, December 23, 2018

TURKEY à la KING on TOAST - Tasty leftover Turkey Dish! | Club Foody

I enjoy the Holidays because I love the “traditions” involved with them. From the music, decorations, hanging the Christmas stockings to baking and cooking, I’m 100% into it! The Holidays bring that “magic” ambiance that I love so much…


My typical Christmas dinner is cooking a big turkey with all the yummy side dishes that go along with it. I said “big” turkey because David and I enjoy the leftovers. It’s also a break for me for a few days. I just have to reheat everything and voilà! Dinner is served… lol! There’s no need for me to cook… well unless I want to create another leftover recipe.


In today’s episode, this featured recipe is not really one of my creations because I’ve been enjoying it since childhood. Almost every year, my mother was making this Turkey à la King on Toast using the leftover turkey meat from Christmas dinner. It was a nice change from reheating the whole shebang…


It is an easy meal to put together except if you don’t know how to make a béchamel sauce which is one of the 5 mother’s sauce in French cuisine. Earlier this year, I had a video on it so if you want to learn how, just click on this link… Béchamel Sauce aka White Sauce.


When I serve my Turkey à la King, I like to change things up a little. I either toast slices of bread or use buns. I also love to serve this using my Homemade Vol-au-Vent along with my Mixed Mashed Potatoesfor a better presentation.


Break the routine of having the same “reheated” dinner after Christmas by making this Turkey à la King recipe. Although very uncomplicated, you’ll be surprised how flavorful this dish is. Another plus for this delicious meal is it takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish… now that’s a nice break for any of us…

Bon Appétit!


Here are more leftover turkey recipes…

– Chicken Stuffed Crêpes with Poblano Sauce
– Turkey (or chicken) Noodle Soup
– Turkey Tetrazzini
– Turkey or Chicken Pot Pie

and for more delicious poultry recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Poultry


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit 


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment