Monday, April 17, 2017

Tiramisu - Classic Tiramisu Recipe • A Classic Italian Dessert! | Club Foody

I can proudly say that I’m a person who likes almost everything. I don’t have a narrow mind and I’m willing to try food, ingredients, etc. that I’ve never had before. Some people without trying it, will lift their nose and refuse to taste it – can’t understand them… sorry! At least try it and if you don’t like it THEN you can make a legitimate comment about it.
 
Although as mentioned I like pretty much everything, there are certain dishes, food that I’m not crazy about. That doesn’t’ stop me from giving them another try until perhaps I might eventually like it. Well here’s a perfect example…
 
Between David and I, I am the most adventurous one although he came a long way since we’ve met and now, we both try “new stuff” together. Though there is one dish that I never really enjoyed and it is David’s fav! It’s Tiramisu!
 
WHAT? Yes… I’ve never been a big fan of that classic Italian dessert even though I like all the ingredients in the recipe. It reminds me of “baby food”. You know that big round cookie that moms pour hot milk over to make it soft for babies without teeth (or barely any). This is what the texture reminds me of and for some reason, it was not enjoyable in my mouth.
 
One of the rules of thumb for a healthy relationship is to not be too self-centered, selfish and compromise once in a while. So having said that, one day I decided to make David’s favorite dessert; Tiramisu – I’ve been procrastinating to make it for years but it was the decent thing to do. I have to say, the guy is patient… lol!
 
Each time David ordered it, he always wanted me to have a taste and as a good sport, that’s exactly what I was doing “A” taste, not more just one taste! I knew which ingredients I would need to make it so opening up my memory box located somewhere in my brain, I put ingredients together and adding my favorite liqueurs in it which were Tia Maria and Marsala Wine. A little confession to make – I was drinking Tia Maria in my coffee while making it and truly hoping this dessert will turn out okay. It’s hard to have confidence about something you’re making when you don’t like it…
 
Well, well, well what a surprise this Tiramisu was! Not only was it amazingly delicious BUT I LIKE IT! Okay, I like it more – I’m still working on the “baby-cookie-mushy-texture” issue, it’s a work in progress! Is it because I used Tia Maria or because I made it and somehow the “ego” department of my person decides it was more acceptable? Who knows! The important thing was that David really loved it and since then, I’ve been making it more often although my Italian dessert is Cannoli… yummy!
 
The moral of this recipe is don’t lift your nose to something you never had before until you try it and if after that, you still don’t really like it, keep trying, your taste buds might surprise you!
Bon Appétit!
 
To learn how to make your own whipped Cream, click on this link… Perfect Whipped Cream Every Time – How to
 
Here are more scrumptious dessert recipe you just have to try…
– Cream Cheese Carrot Cake
– Matcha Cheesecake
– Key Lime Pie
– Chocolate Lava Cake with Caramel
– Lemon Meringue Pie
– Chocolate Raspberry Cake with a Mirror Glaze
and for even more delicious dessert recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/tiramisu/



Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment