Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Peri Peri Chicken Recipe • A Tasty African Dish! | Club Foody

 

What is a foody? My quick definition is: a person who enjoys cuisine from different cultures and likes to try new dishes when going out or at home. It’s also a person without limitations willing to get out of their comfort zone.
 
Without knowing, I’ve been a foody all my life! When I was a child, I enjoyed watching cooking shows and going through my mother’s cookbooks especially the ones with pictures. As I was getting older and loved reading, many times I came across dishes in a book that I’d never heard of and was curious to try them. Also both of my parents liked trying new recipes and experimenting with new ingredients – perhaps not as much as me but still, they were “culinarily” curious.
 
As I mentioned above, getting out of our comfort zones and trying new dishes is a passion as a foody. I won’t go to the extent of eating bugs like some do – I have too much respect for classic cuisines – but I’m certainly game to experiment with foreign dishes like this one… Peri Peri Chicken!
 
This is an incredible recipe and we enjoy it a lot! Let’s be straight here… it’s all about the sauce! Is it zippy? If you use the same amount of peppers that I use for the dish, the answer is yes but you can always make it either milder or spicier. I find 3 of these little guys are sufficient. If you want it milder, remove the seeds and the ribs.
 
My “heat” tolerance varies from one day to another. Peri Peri Chicken has heat and to cool off our mouth from eating it, I like to make a yogurt sauce. Nothing is fancy about it but it’s safe to make this quick and easy yogurt sauce to tame it down a little.
 
Peri-peri or piri-piri peppers were produced by the Portuguese and introduced in the Southern parts of Africa. Pilipili in Swahili means “pepper” and the name we know now (peri-peri) is probably derived from it. They are also known as African Bird’s Eye Chili’s. The best substitutes are either cayenne peppers or bird’s eye chili peppers – the last one is what I prefer using.
 
Get out of your comfort zone and make this flavorful Peri Peri Chicken! It’s easy to make and a great African dish to enjoy anytime. Served with a yogurt sauce, a side of roasted potatoes and salad, this is a “true” foody meal!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other incredible chicken recipes…
– North African Chicken Thighs with Dates & Pomegranate Molasses
– Dakgangjeong – Sweet & Spicy Crispy Korean Chicken
– Indian Butter Chicken
– Chicken Française
– Hawaiian Chicken Curry
– Chicken Stuffed Crêpes with Poblano Sauce
– Southwest Chicken Thighs
and for even more International recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • International


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/peri-peri-chicken/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Peri Peri Chicken




No comments:

Post a Comment