Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Eggplant Rollatini Recipe • Stuffed Eggplant Rolls | Club Foody

 

I find it interesting sometimes how things happen. One day, you’re doing something and then an event occurs or a person crosses your path and “bam”, the route you had earlier has been changed. My motto is “everything happens for a good reason” although many times, we don’t realize it right away.
 
One day, I was at my supermarket in the produce department looking for a nice eggplant – that night, I was planning on making my Mediterranean Eggplant Casserole… love that dish! A woman stood next to me and we started talking. Next thing you know, I was making this featured recipe… Eggplant Rollatini! This Italian dish is incredible! Made with thin slices of eggplant and rolled with a beautiful mixture of Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, this is a delicious casserole to serve your family and friends. It’s fairly easy to make and a nice change for your menu.
 
When this lady at the supermarket shared her recipe, she was breading the slices. Although I was tempted to do it, I went for an easier version – never made it before and here I was tweaking it, lol! Another twist I put on her recipe was to add Mozzarella and Parmesan to the filling – hers was strictly ricotta with some herbs. When it comes to seasoning, I obviously added my homemade Italian Seasoning along with lemon zest to brighten it up and some freshly ground black pepper. The end result was fabulous!
 
Also known as Involtini di Melanzane, this Eggplant Rollatini is a lovely dish to make. In the video, I strictly stuffed the slices with a cheese mixture but I also made it by adding a slice of ham which was extremely flavorful. One thing I never change though is to top my slices with my Marinara Sauce and after it has cooked for 20 minutes, I sprinkle on more Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese before returning the casserole back to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. When it comes to the Parmesan cheese, you can easily substitute it for Pecorino, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Asiago, or Grana Padano – they’re all a nice choice.
 
For you eggplant & cheese lovers out there, this is an amazing recipe to add to your folder. This Eggplant Rollatini is easy to make and another way to enjoy this “fruit” – just like tomato, eggplant is botanically a fruit. It’s a nice meal to make and when it’s time to serve, don’t forget to add some fresh chopped basil… yum!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other tasty Italian inspired recipes…
– Veal Marsala
– Italian Wedding Soup
– Lamb Ragù
– Tiramisu
– Smoked Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo
– Veggie Orzo Risotto
– Gnudi aka Malfatti
and for even more International recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • International


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/eggplant-rollatini/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Eggplant Rollatini




No comments:

Post a Comment