Thursday, November 16, 2023

Orange Chicken Recipe • Popular Takeout Item! | Club Foody

 

I’ve always liked Chinese takeout 🥡! When David and I moved in together, I decided to give it a try and make our favorites from scratch. The reason why I started doing it is because every time we had some, the next day, I was 3 to 5 pounds heavier. Was it the fact that there was too much sodium?
 
My first attempt was Singapore Noodles 🍜 then I moved on to Char Siu Pork. From there, it was Udon Noodles SoupCrab RangoonWonton SoupGyozaMandarin ChickenMongolian BeefMoo Shu Pork, and the list goes on. There’s another one that we devour each time I make it and it’s Orange Chicken!
 
This is unquestionably the most popular take-out dish besides Egg Rolls, Fried Rice, and Hot & Sour Soup! With a lovely sweet and tangy orange sauce with perfectly crispy fried chicken pieces, this is a recipe that should be in your folder! It’s such a tasty dish 😋!
 
There are a few steps to do but it goes pretty fast…
First is to make the orange sauce. As much as I enjoy freshness in my recipes, I prefer using bottled orange juice. I find the taste is slightly more concentrated than fresh 🍊 therefore intensifying the sauce with more orange flavor. You can use either one, fresh or bottled. I also add orange zest.
 
The batter comes next followed by the egg mixture. After cutting the meat into bite-sized pieces, they’re coated in the eggs 🥚 and then dredged in the flour mixture. In the video, I used breasts but other times I switch to thighs which is also a great choice.
 
Now, this is how I learned to make the best Orange Chicken! I “double fry” it. I bring the temperature of my oil between 350-355ºF and fry the chicken pieces in batches for about 2 minutes ⏳. I transfer them to a wire rack sitting on a baking sheet lined with paper towels while frying another batch.
 
The second time, I increase the oil to 385ºF and fry them again. What it does is to give the pieces a nice golden-brown color and also make them crispier. I do “double frying” especially when fried food is tossed in a sauce because I want to have nice crispy pieces… not soggy!
 
Making Orange Chicken from scratch tastes better than any Chinese restaurant! Everything is fresher, you’re in control of the sodium 🧂 amount plus there’s no msg! Next time you’re craving this famous food item, simply make it at home… you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how amazing it is!
Bon Appétit! 🍽
Here are several more Chinese inspired recipes for you to enjoy… 😀
– Sweet Pork Ribs
– Szechuan Ginger Chicken
– Chinese 5 Spice Spare Ribs
– Cashew Chicken
– Sweet & Sour Pineapple Pork
– Crispy Ginger Beef
– Hunan Chicken
– Quick & Easy Bok Choy
and for even more chicken recipes 🐓, click on this link… Recipe Category • Poultry


For ingredient amountsm directions, and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/orange-chicken/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Orange Chicken




No comments:

Post a Comment