Thursday, May 16, 2024

Classic French Carrot Salad Recipe • Fresh & Tasty! | Club Foody

 

I know I keep repeating myself but I really love salads 🥗! I find them versatile. Some can be a great meal while others are delicious sides. With fresh produce, the majority of them are healthy. They’re also ideal for potlucks and picnics.
 
As a meal, I think of Julienne SaladBuffalo Chicken SaladGrilled Shrimp Summer SaladPittsburgh Steak SaladCobbWinter Citrus Salad, etc. When it comes to sides, there’s Caesar SaladTabboulehCucumber SaladSpring Pea Salad, and the list goes on 📜.
 
Another side that I’ve been eating since childhood is the Classic French Carrot Salad! It’s such an easy recipe plus it’s perfect for pairing with many proteins 🐂🐓🐟. Served with a lovely Dijon mustard vinaigrette, this side is packed with gorgeous flavor!
 
I remember my mother and aunts serving this salad as a side. It was probably the most loved one among us kids. The sweetness from the carrots 🥕 and the raisins, and the crunch from the nuts was enough to make it any of my cousins favorite!
 
Since then, I modified the recipe… of course, what else is new 😏! Instead of using chopped walnuts, I switched for toasted slivered almonds. I added chopped green onions and parsley. If I can find colored carrots, they are my first choice over the regular ones- it’s esthetically better looking.
 
When it comes to the vinaigrette in this Classic French Carrot Salad, I did the same. Mom and aunts were using vegetable oil… I use a mix of grapeseed and extra virgin olive oil. Instead of just lemon juice, I pour in orange juice 🍊. It adds that gorgeous citrus note in the background.
 
There was always Dijon mustard and honey 🍯 from our family recipe. The extra ingredient I like adding is hot paprika. Just a couple pinches of it brings on a little heat to the vinaigrette. You can use cayenne instead but I prefer paprika.
 
From start to finish, it takes maybe 10 minutes ⏰. I like using the food processor with the shredding disc which takes less than a minute to shred 1 pound of carrots… awesome! After the carrots are done giving you about 4 cups, the rest goes pretty fast; make the vinaigrette, mix everything and voilà!
 
As much as PastaGreek and Potato Salads are a summer favorite, you might want to try this Classic French Carrot Salad! This healthy salad 💚 is a tasty one to make this season plus it’s ideal for picnics and potlucks!
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Check out these other tasty salad recipes… 😀
– Salade Niçoise
– Israeli Salad
– Egyptian Farro Salad
– Glass Noodle Salad
– Moroccan Potato Salad
– Quinoa Beet Salad
– Salade Lyonnaise ~ Lyonnaise Salad
and for even more salad recipes 🥗, click on this link… Recipe Category • Salads & Dressings


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit  https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/classic-french-carrot-salad/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Classic French Carrot Salad




No comments:

Post a Comment