Thursday, May 23, 2024

Tuna Stuffed Lemons Recipe • Cute & Tasty! | Club Foody

 

David and I entertain a lot and each time, I like serving an appetizer… it sets the tone for the main course. I’ve already shared over a hundred 💯 recipes and I’m not done yet! Some are fancy while others are perfect for casual settings.
 
Here’s one that can be either formal or informal and it’s Tuna Stuffed Lemons! This featured recipe is beyond retro! It’s a vintage recipe from the 80s’! I made them when I was 20 years old which is about 25 years ago… okay maybe more, lol – let’s add another 15 to it 😏!
 
Back then, I was buying a weekly magazine with nothing else but recipes – unfortunately, I don’t recall the name of it 🤔… it’s been too long. I was also able to buy a folder to put the issues in. It kept them clean plus it was a nice addition to the bookshelves.
 
As a beginner in the cooking department, I made many recipes from the magazine and these Tuna Stuffed Lemons 🍋 was one of them. Over the years, I gave the folders away – if my memory is right, I had 3 of them but can’t tell you who I gave them to… it happens with age.
 
The reason why I decided to make this recipe is because I had a ton of lemons in the kitchen and I didn’t want to lose them. Trying to replicate the recipe, I had to focus. I even asked my mother 👵 but alas she couldn’t remember let alone the dish itself.
 
I knew tuna 🐟 and cream cheese were in it but that was the extent from memory land. Still, it was a good start… From there, I added different ingredients like mayo, Miracle Whip, roasted peppers, along with hot paprika and other seasonings – most likely few of them were from the original – ending up with this version! Tada!
 
I’m not a fan of pesticides therefore I always wash my produce 🍒🍆. Although we’re not eating the outside of the lemons, I still soak them in a natural “Fruit & Veggie Wash” … force of habit I presume. I pat them dry and proceed with the next step which is to prep them.
 
After thinly cutting the bottoms and top off each lemon, they have to be emptied. Using a sharp knife 🔪 to cut around the edges makes the task faster. From there, I like using my grapefruit spoon because it has a serrated edge plus a pointy tip making it easier to remove the flesh.
 
I discard the flesh and reserve the lemon juice for the filling. One time, I added some flesh to the mixture by accident. They were just little pieces and were fine but the texture was “funky”. If you want to use some of it, by all means, do it… I prefer not.
 
Now, let’s talk about a controversial ingredient… Miracle Whip. For those of you who lift your nose 👃 at this ingredient, adding some will bring the mixture together. Although similar in many ways, mayo and Miracle Whip are still different from one another…
 
Mayonnaise is rich and tangy while Miracle Whip has a blend of spices such as mustard, paprika, and garlic 🧄 plus it contains sugar. Miracle Whip has a lower fat content versus its counterpart making it a “healthier version”. Feel free to alter the recipe by using all mayo but you’ll be missing out on flavor!
 
This is a quick ⏳ and easy appetizer to make plus it makes a great presentation. Absolutely adorable to look at, these Tuna Stuffed Lemons are perfect when entertaining. Without being pretentious, they’re ideal for both formal and casual settings.
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Here are more incredible appetizer recipes for you to try… 😀
– Croquetas de Jamón • Ham Croquettes
– Oven Baked Jalapeño Poppers
– Gougères aka Cheese Puffs
– Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
– Beet Hummus
– Prosciutto e Melone
– Shrimp Sliders
and for even more appetizer recipes 🍣, click on this link… Recipe Category • Appetizers


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit  https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/tuna-stuffed-lemons/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Tuna Stuffed Lemons




No comments:

Post a Comment