Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe • Light & Healthy! | Club Foody

 

I like duplicating dishes when I go to restaurants or see items at the grocery store. If there’s a dish I really enjoy, I take mental notes of the ingredients and flavors before trying it 👩‍🍳 in my kitchen. I’ve been doing this since my 20s’ and now I have a partner, my husband David, who also enjoys it.
 
There are many that I’ve duplicated and already posted like Veal MilaneseOrange Julius 🍊, Ahi Tuna Poke BowlPeri Peri ChickenPirate Peanut Butter CookiesSwedish MeatballsFilet-O-Fish SandwichFrench Vanilla Coffee CreamerHamburger HelperCroquetas de JamónChocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars, etc.
 
While vacationing in the Palm Springs’ area, we went to P.F. Chang’s and tried one of their signature dishes. After cutting the chicken 🐓 into small bite sized pieces, sautéed them and then poured the sauce over, the results were pretty close to theirs.
 
My only problem was the fact that the process (cutting the protein into tiny pieces) took time ⏰. I wanted something faster and easier therefore I switched to ground beef although ground pork would be lovely as well. I also modified the recipe by adding more flavor to the sauce and more ingredients to the meat mixture. I ended it up with this featured recipe… my Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps!
 
This is totally an “OMG” 😍! Packed with deliciousness, this easy meal is perfect for lunch or as a light dinner. It can be turned into a gluten-free recipe by omitting the rice and swapping for rice noodles or cauliflower rice. The same applies with the meat mixture… add mushrooms, celery, or top the wraps with Kimchi and more sesame seeds.
 
I’ve made this recipe many times and I love how the flavors mingle together. The sauce has a gorgeous balance of sweetness, saltiness 🧂 and spiciness. I use coconut sugar in it but if you don’t have any on hand, simply use brown sugar.
 
There’s some sambal oelek in the sauce also known as chili garlic sauce. I always have fresh ginger in my crisper but if I run out, I substitute with ¼ teaspoon of ground instead. Mirin is another ingredient that goes in the sauce. It’s similar to sake but with a lower alcohol content and more sugar in it.
 
When it’s time to assemble the Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps, butter or Boston lettuce are both great options. After scooping about 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons of rice 🍚, each wrap is then topped with the meat mixture. To garnish, I use the green parts of green onions although you can use other suggested ingredients mentioned above.
 
I personally prefer using jasmine rice over basmati but either one is fine. If you’re not certain how to cook jasmine rice perfectly, click on this link… Jasmine Rice • How to Cook Perfectly. For a gluten-free version, switch to rice noodles or cauliflower rice.
 
These Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite go-to summer recipes. This dish is so easy to make plus it’s ready in less than 30 minutes ⏳. Light and loaded with flavor, these are a delightful finger food meal to enjoy for lunch or dinner…
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Here are several more delicious summer recipes for you to enjoy… 😀
– Vietnamese Summer Rolls
– Classic Pasta Salad
– Piña Colada Ice Cream
– California Burgers
– Spanish Sangria
– Cherries Jubilee
– Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
and for even more beef recipes 🐄, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit  https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/korean-beef-lettuce-wraps/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps




No comments:

Post a Comment