Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Carne alla Pizzaiola Recipe • Italian-Style Beef! | Club Foody

 

Here’s my story about Carne alla Pizzaiola
The first time I had this dish, I was with Carlo, my boyfriend back then, at one of our favorite restaurants. Although he was Italian, he never had it before therefore I ordered it and he opted for the Veal Marsala. His was amazing while mine was boring 🥱. We thought that the chef didn’t deliver it accurately.
 
Years later, I went to a famous restaurant on Younge Street in Toronto and saw it on the menu 📜. I was hesitant but decided to give it another try. What a mistake! It was as uninspiring as it was the first time I tried it. The flavor was just a single note…
 
Just before I started Club Foody, I decided to give it its last chance BUT adding my personal touch. It was okay 😏 but not good enough for me to publish. The reason why I finally posted it is because this is the elevated version of Carne alla Pizzaiola! Let’s see how it differs from the original dish…
 
I use eye of round but veal is typically the chosen one. I add onions 🧅, bell peppers, and tomates concassées with a little bit of raw sugar… all nontraditional ingredients. Passata sauce or tomato purée is the usual ingredient. Most recipes use garlic and so do I so there’s at least one thing in common.
 
To keep going with my “version” of it, another one is red wine 🍷 where white is normally used. I also season the dish with Italian seasoning while the majority simply use oregano. Guess what? There’s oregano in the Italian seasoning plus it gives more flavor.
 
I’m not done yet…
Without going crazy, I also add red pepper flakes for a little heat. To create more liquid, there’s beef broth that I pour in. When the meat is returned, Mozzarella cheese slices are often placed on top of the protein… I used sharp Cheddar cheese 🧀!
 
Now, here’s the traditional way to make this Italian dish…
Steak or veal with no seasoning (salt or pepper), maybe garlic, either cherry or Roma tomatoes 🍅, tomato purée or Passata. Then there’s green olives and chicken broth along with white wine. To finish it, some dried/fresh oregano and basil leaves for serving. I hope you understand why I wanted to add some more ingredients and flavor.
 
I anticipate many reactions towards my version of Carne alla Pizzaiola. The Italian community will probably disagree with it. Others, especially the ones who think they know everything, will lift their nose 👃 at it. Meantime, David and I enjoy this flavorful dish while sipping a nice glass of red wine… not white, lol!
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Check out these other great beef recipes… 😀
– Steak Oscar
– Veal Ossobuco
– Hungarian Beef Goulash
– Pittsburgh Steak Salad
– Zwiebelrostbraten
– Fondue Bourguignonne – Beef Fondue
– Swedish Meatballs
– Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs
and for even more Italian recipes 🍝, click on this link… Recipe Category • Italian Cuisine


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit  https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/carne-alla-pizzaiola/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Carne alla Pizzaiola




No comments:

Post a Comment