Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Veal Ossobuco Recipe - Amazing Elegant Italian Dish! | Club Foody

I’m a serious carnivore… I love meat! In some recipes, I let the meat braise for a long period of time. Of course it all depends on what kind of meat and what cut it is. As you know not all cuts can be cooked the same way.

One recipe that comes to mind is my Veal Ossobuco! This traditional Italian recipe is absolutely amazing! Braised in white wine, vegetables and a mix of veal stock and chicken broth with fresh herbs, these veal shanks are absolutely incredible! I like to serve them along with my Orzo alla Milanese which will be posted on November 27th, 2018 so stay tuned…

The first Veal Ossobuco I had was at Centro Restaurant & Lounge on Yonge Street in Toronto. An elegant and stunning restaurant where many celebrities such as Sharon Stone, Keanu Reeves, Michael Jordan and Nicole Kidman have dined. They have enjoyed dishes made by well renowned chefs Michael Bonacini, David Lee and many more. It was the perfect place to try a new taste sensation.

A friend of mine from Universal Studios took me there back then and I was quite impressed… so much so that it became one of my favorite restaurants in the GTA. It was hard not being awestruck with this classic Italian dish!

It took me a couple of years before I decided to give it a try at home. This is also the same time that I started cooking with orzo pasta where the idea of making a Risotto alla Milanese came from instead of using the traditional ingredient – Arborio rice.

There are many “elegant dishes” that I enjoy serving during special occasions like Christmas Holidays, birthdays and so on but I have to say, Veal Ossobuco is my top pick! It’s uncomplicated to make and the results are incredible! This is a classy recipe that you definitely have to make… your guests will rave about it!
Bon Appétit!

Here are some elegant recipes for you to try…
Lamb Chops with Balsamic & Red Wine Reduction
Red Snapper en Papillote
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Veal Piccata
Fettuccine alle Vongole – Clam Fettuccine
Pork Tenderloin Vitali
and for even more delicious beef recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Beef

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/veal-ossobuco/


No comments:

Post a Comment