Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Lemongrass Pudding Tart - A delightful Dessert! | Club Foody

I don’t remember if I ever disliked lemon flavor. As a child, any sauce or dessert made with lemon was always welcomed as I really enjoyed the tartness of it. One of my favorite pies was Lemon Meringue Pie until I discovered another similar flavored ingredient… lemongrass!

Lemongrass has a subtle lemony taste and as its name suggests, this plant is a member of the grass family. It is a very popular ingredient used in Asian cuisine as well as in Indian, African and Mexican cuisines.

The first time I bought lemongrass I was in one of those Chinatown grocery stores on Spadina Avenue in downtown Toronto. After asking the young lady at the counter what it was and which dishes I could use it in, I bought it and took it home. I had no clue how to handle it let alone what to do with it. After a full day of thinking about it, I made a soup. What a disappointment… there was no lemon flavor in it.

I went back to the same grocery store to purchase more food items and the same girl was there again. I told her what I did and after she giggled for a little while, she told me how to prepare it. What I did was cut the ends off it and put the whole thing in my soup. I didn’t know how to prep this strange ingredient.

When I finally knew how to use and cut this grass (check out this tutorial video on How to Prep Lemongrass), I started making many recipes with it. That is when I decided to make a dessert using lemongrass instead of lemon and my Lemongrass Pudding Tart was created!

This dessert is packed with flavor! The combination of ingredients is just fabulous together. With time, I took it a notch higher by putting the filling into my Chocolate Graham Cracker Pie Crust . Oh my! It was exactly what this pie needed – sweetness mixed with tartness… yum!

I serve this Lemongrass Pudding Tart quite often but more so during the summer time because it is so refreshing. The reason why I thought it would be a great time to feature this recipe, right around the corner from Halloween is because of its light yellow surface. This makes a perfect canvas for any “spooky” decorations. As I don’t excel in decorating desserts, I’ve decided to leave this up to you guys, have fun!

If you like chocolate and lemon, you’ll definitely enjoy this tart. In case you’re not familiar with how to prep lemongrass, I have a quick tutorial on it so just click on this link… And to get my chocolate crust recipe, click here… Chocolate Honey Graham Cracker Pie Crust

Roll up your sleeves and let your imagination run wild decorating this delicious Lemongrass Pudding Tart dessert! Everyone in your family will love it for sure…
Bon Appétit!

Check out these other citrus recipes…
Lemon Raspberry Muffins
Winter Citrus Salad
Lemon Posset
Basil Lemon Butter
Lemon Meringue Pie
Citrus Cranberry Sauce
and for even more delicious dessert recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Dessert

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/lemongrass-pudding-tart/



No comments:

Post a Comment