Wednesday, October 31, 2018

French Onion Soup Gratinée Recipe • Incredibly Satisfying! | Club Foody

It’s interesting to think how much our taste buds change from childhood to adulthood and even after we’re all grown up, our tastes still change. There’s a story I mentioned in an earlier recipe post about when I was a child that will help you understand where I am going with all this… Pâte à Choux aka Choux Pastry… please check it out
 
When I was little, there were a few dishes I could’ve lived without and one of them was French Onion Soup Gratinée! Although I’m a cheese addict and well known as Minnie Mouse, there’s something about too many onions in a broth I just didn’t like. Keep in mind that I was around 10…
 
As I mentioned, things change with time and I eventually started loving this classic soup but (that’s right, there’s a “but”) to my taste, there was something missing, some flavors that needed to be added to this French Onion Soup Gratinée!
 
Toronto weather is quite mild compared to Montréal but still, winter is winter in Canada. A couple of nights prior to me making my “first” homemade onion soup, I created a recipe that used onions and I was still left a big one and another partial one (white and red). It was yucky outside, cold and humid, the typical night where you don’t want to step outside so I took the bull by the horns and made my first French Onion Soup Gratinée!
 
My version has a lot of flavor to it, flavors that you might not necessarily have in other recipes. I’d say that my key ingredient is Marsala Wine. I toast my Bread at first because really, who likes a soggy piece of bread at the bottom of their soup bowl. Also I caramelize my onions long enough to bring out the sweetness in them. When it comes to cheese, in the video I use Provolone cheese but Swiss, Emmental or Gruyère are great choices as well…
 
I really hope you’ll read my story from the Pâte à Choux blog because the dish I was stubbornly sitting in front of for hours, not touching it was this soup. Well not exactly this soup because since my taste buds have changed, I tweaked my French Onion Soup Gratinée just the way I like it…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other tasty soup recipes…
– Wonton Soup
– Split Pea & Ham Soup
– Turkey Noodle Soup
– Carrot Soup with Mashed Potatoes
– Minestrone Soup
– Udon Noodle Soup
and for even more soup and chowder recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Soups


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/french-onion-soup-gratinee/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment