Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Southwest Chicken Thighs Recipe • Tasty One-Pot Meal! | Club Foody

Chicken thighs are something we really didn’t eat at home when I was a child. We mostly had chicken breasts or when my mother decided to rotisserie a whole chicken in the oven. There were many different recipes but nothing strictly using thighs…
 
When I moved out on my own, one day I picked the wrong package by accident at the grocery store. Instead of chicken breasts, I picked up chicken thighs. By the time I got back to my apartment, I realized the mistake I made and if it wasn’t the fact that the store was already closed, I would’ve return them. Now that it was already bought and paid for, I decided to give them a try – I thought they couldn’t be that bad… Wow! By trying them in a recipe, I discovered just how tasty and flavorful chicken thighs are and promised myself that from now on, this food item would be on my menu more often although breasts were and still are my favorite!
 
One recipe I created back then was my Southwest Chicken Thighs! From the original to what the recipe is now has evolved quite a bit. Back then, it wasn’t spicy at all because there was one ingredient that I didn’t know about which is Chipotle in Adobo. Years later when I discovered it, not only did I start experimenting with it a lot but also integrated it in this recipe. What a change in flavor!
 
When I mentioned my Southwest Chicken Thighs were spicy, let me be a bit more accurate. It has some zip to it to make it quite interesting in taste but not to the point that anyone would be reaching for either a glass of milk or some sour cream… It’s not very hot because the heavy cream tames down the spice in the sauce!
 
As you know, we first eat with our eyes and in this recipe, the colorful array of ingredients will definitely make you hungry. If you enjoy the flavor of chicken thighs or by mistake you grab the wrong package at your supermarket, try my Southwest Chicken Thighs… you’ll be quite pleased with the results!
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more one-pot meal recipes for you to enjoy…
– Hungarian Beef Goulash
– Lamb Chops with Balsamic & Red Wine Reduction
– Old Fashioned Baked Beans with Bacon
– Orzo with Chicken & Asiago
– Braised Beef Short Ribs with Sherry & Shiitake
– Chicken in Creamy Jalapeño Cheese Sauce
and for even more poultry recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Poultry

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/southwest-chicken-thighs/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment