Thursday, June 24, 2021

Raspberry Jam Recipe • No Pectin Added! | Club Foody

 

When I go to my local farmer’s market, I’m like a kid in a candy store. I see all the fresh produce lined up and I have to refrain myself from not over buying. When I get in front of some raspberries, I have no will power… they just go straight into my shopping cart.
 
Raspberries are my favorite among the berries! I love the taste combination of sweet and sour. I like to eat them as is, Bake with them, use them as an Ingredient for other recipes like my Raspberry Vinaigrette, as a topping for Vanilla Ice Cream or make Raspberry Jam! It’s been my preferred jam in the morning ever since I was a child.
 
From June to October, these are busy months for canning. My list of preserved foods is pretty long with ChutneysJelliesMarmaladeSaucesJamsPickles, etc. When it comes to my Raspberry Jam, I usually make a double batch because the jars disappear quickly. As much as I try to scatter our consumption of these little delicious jars, I never have enough until June of the next year.
 
Just a quick note…
In the video, I don’t go into detail showing you the canning procedures therefore I highly suggest you click on this link to learn more… How to do Home Canning
 
One of my mottos I like to say is “everything happens for a good reason”, and this is a perfect example of it. Until a few years ago, I always added pectin in this jam but one year, I got distracted and forgot to add some. It turned out just perfect! Since then, I’ve been making it without it. As the fruit cooks, it releases its own natural pectin therefore there’s no need to add more.
 
As more fresh fruits show up during the summer months, it’s the perfect time to preserve them. If you love these berries as much as I do, making Raspberry Jam has to be on your “to do” list so you can enjoy them during the upcoming months…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other great and easy canning recipes…
– Homemade Apple Sauce
– Sweet & Savory Homemade Ketchup
– Pickled Jalapeños
– Strawberry Jam with Orange Zest
– Homemade Sweet Relish
– Pickled Beets coming on September 14th, 2021
and for even more breakfast recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Breakfast & Brunch


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/raspberry-jam/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 




No comments:

Post a Comment