Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Creamed Peas Recipe • So Fresh and Tasty! | Club Foody

 

As any parent with 2 children+ will tell you, each of them is different from the other. Their characters are likely not the same, their preferences as well as their tastes are quite diverse. The same applied in our house with my brother and I.
 
My brother and I loved vegetables and fruits. At an early age, we both enjoyed produce a lot because our parents were serving them every day. Of course there were a few I could live without but overall, I liked most of them; the same with my brother Daniel. There’s one that I recall because the scene was so adorable…


Daniel was probably 2 maybe 2 ½ years old and many times he showed my mother that peas wasn’t his thing. One day, my mother tried to outsmart him by hiding some in his mashed potatoes. Suddenly my father burst out laughing. My mother and I looked at him, intrigued. My father looked at my mother and said, pointing at my brother – “You thought you could trick him by adding some to his potatoes. Well obviously, it doesn’t work!”. With his tiny little fingers, he was taking one pea at a time out of his mouth and putting them on the side of his plate. Not only was it so cute but also very funny…
 
Peas became the forbidden vegetable in our house. I always liked them but used them rarely when I moved out on my own. When I met David, he introduced me to one of his family’s side dishes and ever since then, we have to make it often. It’s Creamed Peas!
 
Oh, la, la! This is an amazing side dish! Creamy and fresh, this is a recipe that pairs so well with many proteins. It’s quick and easy to prepare making this Creamed Peas recipe a family favorite.
 
The first time we made it, I thought it was okay… it needed more flavor. After tweaking the recipe a couple of times, we finally got it right! It’s not like it was terrible but by adding a few ingredients to it like shallots, thyme and garlic, it brought it up a few notches.
 
This improved David’s family Creamed Peas recipe is so tasty! To me, it’s the perfect summer side dish to serve along with grilled proteins although it can be made all year round. If you and your family enjoy peas, this is certainly a great one to add to your folder…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more delicious side dish recipes for you to try…
– Vegetable Medley
– Moroccan Couscous Salad
– Mushroom Risotto
– Asparagus Summer Salad
– Tabbouleh
– Indian Basmati with Dry Fruits
and for even more side dish recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Vegetables & Sides


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/creamed-peas/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 




No comments:

Post a Comment