Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Green Onion Pizza Dough Recipe • Deliciously Different! | Club Foody

 

I’ve always enjoyed pizzas but my love for them increased when I started making them from scratch and I mean everything including the crust. Frankly I was nervous the first time I made pizza dough. Unsure on how it would turn out, I rolled up my sleeves and made one. Surprisingly it was delish and tasted better than any others out there! The only thing I found overwhelming was the kneading part but I got used to it. The more dough I was kneading and rolling, the easier it became. When I got my stand mixer, making pizza dough from scratch was now a breeze…
 
So far I’ve posted my Cheesy-Herb and Rustic Italian. Another one I’m sharing with you today is my Green Onion Pizza Dough! This creation came out after harvesting our onions at the end of the season. We had so many I didn’t know what to do with them. After adding some in mashed potatoes and as an ingredient in recipes, there was still a big bunch sitting in the crisper. The light bulb went off and this is how I came out with this original recipe…
 
The taste is very subtle and doesn’t overtake the topping ingredients. It gives just enough onion flavor to make it interesting. It’s colorful and a great change from plain Jane pizza dough. Trying to be as objective as I can, I really think it’s an easy recipe. If you’re a foody then there’s no doubt you have to try to make this dough…
 
When I filmed this recipe, I used this Green Onion Pizza Dough for my Caribbean Jerk Chicken Pizza which is coming out on February 24th, 2022. The combination was perfect… Like with any of my homemade pizza doughs, the right temperature to bake your pie is at 500ºF. Depending on which toppings you’ll be using, baking time can vary between 8 to 13 minutes. If you go beyond that, the crust might start getting too dark.
 
Don’t let yourself be intimidated trying to make pizza dough. It’s really easy and such a personal reward plus the taste of fresh dough is sublime! Try this flavorful Green Onion Pizza Dough on your next “pizza night”… you’ll be delighted!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these delicious pizza recipes…
– Sombrero Pizza
– Quattro Formaggi Pizza – Four Cheese Pizza
– Meat Lovers Pizza
– Greek Pizza
– BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
– Seafood Pizza
– Hawaiian Ham Bacon Pizza
– Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Pizza
– Calzone
and for even more pizza and pasta recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Pizza & Pasta


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/green-onion-pizza-dough/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 





No comments:

Post a Comment