Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Steak Oscar Recipe • An Elegant & Exquisite Dish! | Club Foody

 

Beef tenderloin is a beautiful cut! It’s very tender making it more expensive than any other part of beef. During the summer, we enjoy grilling a couple of nice filet mignon steaks on the barbecue and when the weather cools off, I simply sear them in a cast iron pan on the stove top before finishing them in the oven.
 
Depending on how I feel, I either eat my steak as is or accompany it with a nice sauce. When I want to bring it a notch higher in the flavor department, I like to make Steak Oscar! This is just incredible with the filet dressed to the max! After being perfectly grilled, the filet is topped with crab meat followed by a couple spears of steamed asparagus. Then a nice rich, velvety Béarnaise Sauce is spooned over. The combination is… sublime!
 
Who came up with this brilliant idea? Before going any further, let’s bring in some facts… Originally, this dish was made with veal vs mature steak – we just modernized it a little. Also, white asparagus spears was used not the green ones. All right, back to the question… Created in the late 19th century, this recipe came from Sweden and named in honor of King Oscar II. It seems that naming food after well known people was a trend back then…
 
This Swedish recipe has been one of David’s favorites. When we go out to a steakhouse and this dish is on the menu, 9 times out of 10 he’ll order it! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame him! If I could describe it best, I would say that this is a delicious “surf & turf” combination piled high…
 
A couple of things I would like to mention… In the video, I don’t show you how to cook the steak. Last month, I posted a great tutorial about Filet Mignon • How to Cook it Perfectly so just click on the link. David and I prefer our Steak Oscar with Béarnaise Sauce although Hollandaise can be used instead. Again, in previous episodes, I’ve shown you how to make both of these sauces so please check them out.
 
This classic Swedish dish is bursting with flavor! If you want to highlight a special occasion or you are having guests over for dinner, Steak Oscar is definitely an elegant choice. I like to serve it with my Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe which is coming up on October 6th, 2022 so stay tuned… Here’s another elegant recipe you might want to try… Steak Diane!
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are several more elegant recipes for you to enjoy…
– Crown Roast of Pork
– Lobster Newberg
– Mediterranean Leg of Lamb
– Roast Duck with Marmalade Glaze
– Pork Tenderloin Vitali
– Oysters Rockefeller
and for even more beef recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/steak-oscar/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody

YouTube




 

Steak Oscar


No comments:

Post a Comment