Thursday, November 11, 2021

Sweet Pork Ribs Recipe • Lip-smacking Good! | Club Foody

 

When a pig is processed, every part is used… there’s no waste. I think of pork butt aka “Boston butt” which despite its name is actually from the shoulder and is perfect for making Pulled Pork in a slow cooker or those delicious carnitas. Country-style ribs are also from this part and they’re not ribs at all! The meat is technically boneless and if there are some, they’re not rib bones but from the shoulder blade.
 
Right below the butt, there’s picnic shoulder and that’s the cut I use for my sausages like Hot ItalianAndouille and Garlic. It’s another meat that is best when cooked slowly. This part can also be used in stews as well as in chilies.
 
Then there’s the loin where the cutlets, chopsSirloin Roasts, blade loin roasts, tenderloin and Baby Back Ribs are from. When it comes to tenderloin, I have many recipes with this cut like El DiabloStuffed Pork TenderloinVitaliMaple MustardPork tenderloin with Spicy Pineapple-Mango Sauce, and so on. From the ribcage, there are the delicious baby back ribs also known as riblets that I love to cook slowly either in the oven or the barbecue. The Crown Roast is also from the rib portion of the pig.
 
To make salt pork, lardon, pork rinds, the fatback is used which is taken from the skin and fat on the back. I use salt pork rarely in my recipes but I do I have a couple that I add it to like Cassoulet and Bouilli du Québec.
 
To get the bacon and pancetta as well as pork belly, the cut is located at the bottom of the pork and this part is called “belly” or “pork side”. I use pork belly for my Char Siu recipe. Between the pork loin and the pork side, this is where the spare ribs are from. They’re also known as “side ribs” or just “spares”.
 
Furthermore, the ham is the back legs of the pig and this is the part used to make prosciutto, steaks, shanks and Ham. When I make my Split Pea & Ham Soup, I use either a shank or ham hock which the last one is the joint between the feet and the leg. Then there’s the feet which have a lot of collagen & gelatin. They’re a great addition to soups and stews. I use them for the making of my Ragoût de Boulettes & Pattes de Cochon – Meatballs & Pig’s Feet Stew.
 
When it comes to the head, this entire part can also be added to soups and stews. Other parts like ears and cheeks can be baked, fried or cured and smoked. The cheeks are fatty and perfect when making guanciale. Last but not least, the tongue which is perfectly balanced with meat and fat. Slow cooked as well, it’s so tender and perfect with a nice sauce.
 
Today, the cut of meat I’m focusing on is the spare ribs aka “side ribs” located above the breast bone in the belly. They’re so amazing when cooked or braised very slowly. Besides my Chinese 5 Spice Spare Ribs that are packed with amazing flavor, here’s another one… my Sweet Pork Ribs!
 
This is a real treat for me! The sauce is just sweet enough and perfectly balanced with the taste from the meat. I like to serve my Sweet Pork Ribs with plain white rice and simply garnish them with sesame seeds and chopped green onions. It’s really not a complicated meal and it’s so succulent!
 
Here are a couple tips to consider…
– As much as many cooks enjoy boiling them, the best cooking method is grilling, roasting or braising. Longer is better so don’t rush anything and cook them slowly at lower temperature.
– How much to make per person – you may ask? To calculate the perfect quantity to serve your guests, I use about a pound/500 g per person. Let’s not forget that you will probably be serving sides with them.
 
These Sweet Pork Ribs are incredible! Tender, juicy and moist, these mouthwatering ribs have to be on your “must try” list! It’s a scrumptious dish that I’m sure you and your family will enjoy all year round…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more scrumptious pork recipes for you to try…
– Chicken Ham Sausage Jambalaya
– Tourtière
– Spicy Sausage Penne all’Arrabbiata
– Wonton Soup
– Breakfast Sausage Muffin Cups
– Singapore Noodles
– Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
and for even more pork recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Pork


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/sweet-pork-ribs/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Sweet Pork Ribs




No comments:

Post a Comment