Thursday, January 13, 2022

Chicken Paprikash Recipe • A Flavorful Hungarian Dish! | Club Foody

 

I’ve been using a wide range of common and exotic spices & herbs for my recipes. I can’t imagine cooking without them. Every time I go shopping to a specialty store, I have to take a look in the spice/herb section. Do I have plenty in my cupboard already? To some, the answer would be yes… to me… I never have enough…
 
From Za’atar, Sumac, Berbere, Ajwain Seeds, Saffron, Anardana, Nigella Seeds, Piment d’Espelette, Juniper Berries, Dukkah, Kaffir Lime Leaves, etc. to the usual suspects like Cumin, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Salt, Herbes de Provence, Oregano, Basil Leaves, Mixed Spices • Épices Mélangées (Épices Mélangées), Thyme leaves, and more! Another one that I really enjoy cooking with is Paprika. I’m sure you could guess that I have them all; hot, smoked and sweet! There’s a popular Hungarian dish I make often that uses this kind of spice and it’s Chicken Paprikash!
 
If you never had it before and like the taste of paprika, this is the dish for you! Not really spicy but definitely with some zip to it, this is a great and easy recipe to serve your family. Simmered gently, this comforting chicken stew is packed with flavor!
 
My Chicken Paprikash might be slightly different than others… I use all 3 types of Paprika. Each gives its own flavor to this delicious dish. I honestly don’t know if any Hungarian cooks use all of them but I really enjoy the combination. If you prefer using just one, sweet is probably the most common one used for this recipe. Just a quick note… if your paprika is too old, it will be tasteless so make sure the spice is nice and fresh to enjoy the true flavor of this dish!
 
To make this stew-like Hungarian dish, I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Chicken breasts can be substituted but there will be some lack of flavor due to the leaner white meat. Thighs are a fattier cut therefore are more flavorful than breasts. Others parts can also be used such as drumsticks. If you have a whole chicken hanging around, cut them into pieces and use it all.
 
This Chicken Paprikash is simple and yet so satisfying! Spooned over spätzle or egg noodles, this Hungarian peasant dish is a great one to serve on weeknights along with crusty bread… you’ll absolutely need that to soak up the yummy sauce! It freezes well for up to 3 months.
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more scrumptious International recipes for you to try…
– Beef Stroganoff
– Pork Stew with Meatballs ~ Ragoût de Boulettes & Pattes de Cochon
– General Tso’s Chicken
– Paella de Marisco
– Pastitsio
– Cassoulet
and for even more chicken recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Poultry


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visi https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/chicken-paprikash/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Chicken Paprikash




No comments:

Post a Comment