Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Hot Toddy Recipe • Best Irish Winter Drink! | Club Foody

 

David and I don’t really get sick during the winter months. If we are coughing or sneezing a little bit, we pop a couple of vitamin D’s & C’s plus I make us drink either a Pomegranate Avocado Detox Smoothie or a nice healthy Red Velvet Boost… it usually does the trick! The rare time especially when our throats are itchy, I make a Hot Toddy!
 
Hot Toddy, also known as Hot Whiskey, is a great Irish beverage to have just before bedtime. It’s perfect for relieving cold and flu symptoms. I enjoy it with a cinnamon stick and a slice of orange but nothing is stopping you from garnishing it differently like a couple of whole cloves, a piece of peeled ginger or a slice of apple or lemon.
 
Traditionally prepared with Whiskey – I use my favorite brand, Canadian Club aka CC -, others may prefer using gin which I profoundly dislike… eww! I never liked the smell let alone the taste. I was 21 when I had my first Hot Toddy. I followed my mother’s directions (she’s a gin drinker) which were simpler than mine; hot water, gin and honey. Just the smell of it threw me off but I forced myself to drink it so I could feel better the next day. After I was done with the first one, my boyfriend back then made me another one – I should have never had the second one. I went to bed and in the middle of the night, I got very sick… I never touched gin ever since.
 
Feeling under the weather… here’s my prescription. Take a nice hot bath, put your pajamas on and maybe a long sleeved shirt, wear socks, have a Hot Toddy (or two) and then go straight to bed. You’ll be sweating and that’s what doctor Frankie recommends…
Cheers!
 
Check out these other great cocktail recipes…
– Blood Orange Martini
– Homemade Holiday Eggnog
– Cosmocello
– Golden Sunset
– Mint Julep
– White Sangria
and for even more alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverage recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beverages


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/hot-toddy/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Hot Toddy





No comments:

Post a Comment