Thursday, January 6, 2022

Creamy Cabbage Soup Recipe • Delicious & Healthy! | Club Foody

 

Unlike most children, I never had to be forced to eat my fruits and vegetables but I have to admit that, although the list was very short, they were a few I would avoid like cabbage, turnip, kale and radishes. There was a soup my mother made every year and it wasn’t my favorite at all for a couple of reasons; first there was cabbage in it and second, it was a little on the bland side. Of course, I ate it but it was definitely not by choice…
 
A few years ago, I decided to give this dish a second chance and I tweaked it to the point that it became one of my favorites… Creamy Cabbage Soup! What did I do differently than my mother’s recipe? Not a whole lot but enough to bring it several notches higher by simply adding cream, more vegetables, spices and so on.
 
One of the veggies I use in this recipe is sweet onion and it brings more sweetness to the dish. I also add my Herbes de Provence along with hot paprika and granulated sugar. Can you skip the sugar? For sure but I’m telling you, the amount added balances it out nicely.
 
Another ingredient that makes a huge impact to this Creamy Cabbage Soup is croutons but not just any kind… my Herb Garlic Parmesan Croutons. As much as it’s an extra step to do for this recipe, it’s so worth it! It’s like having a bowl of Vanilla Ice Cream. It’s very good on its own but by adding Chocolate Syrup and sprinkling on some chopped nuts, this cold treat gets even better. Well, that’s the same here. The beauty of these croutons is that they can be made a day or two ahead…
 
In the heart of winter with the temperatures dropping, cold winds and blizzards, this Creamy Cabbage Soup is the perfect dish to enjoy. It’s far from being bland but it will warm you up inside out. This is certainly a keeper for this season…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are several more delicious soup recipes for you to enjoy…
– West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder
– French Onion Soup Gratinée
– Bay Scallop Chowder
– Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup
– Avgolemono Chicken Soup
– Corn Chowder
and for even more soup and chowder recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Soups


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/creamy-cabbage-soup/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Creamy Cabbage Soup




No comments:

Post a Comment