Thursday, June 30, 2022

Granita di Caffè Con Panna Recipe • Italian Coffee Granita | Club Foody

 

Along with summer comes warm weather and it doesn’t matter how old we are, we all enjoy a cold treat here and there. There are so many to choose from. Obviously the most popular ones are ice cream like Piña ColadaChocolateBlood OrangeVanilla, etc. Although it’s a summer favorite, let’s not forget about milkshakessorbets, slushies, floats, frozen yogurt bars, sherbets, kulfis, ice pops, snow cones, fudgesicles, and many more…
 
In Italy, they have a nice selection as well including Gelato, Semifreddo, Affogato, Grattachecca (shaved ice), Stracciatella and of course granita offering many tasty flavors. One that I really enjoy is Granita di Caffè Con Panna which translates to Italian Coffee Granita! Oh my!
 
Granita is ice crystals made from fruit juice but in this episode, it’s made with freshly brewed espresso coffee! If you’re a coffee lover as much as I am then this is a recipe you will be enjoying a lot this season! It’s so refreshing and easy to make. It’s served with whipped cream and some cocoa powder sprinkled on top. I’m telling you, this is incredible!
 
As I mentioned, I enjoy my cup of joe. During the summer, I like to sip a cold Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Mazagran, Iced Latte, or Greek-Style Frappé. If I want it with ice cream, I go for the Italian Affogato al Caffè or the French Café Liégois unless I want my coffee (espresso) frozen like Granita di Caffé Con Panna (Italian Coffee Granita)
 
My version differs slightly. Traditionally, it’s made with water, sugar and espresso. I like to switch for my Vanilla Sugar instead of just plain. I also add a couple more ingredients; Grand Marnier and pure vanilla extract. The small amount added brings it up to flavor heaven… no kidding! If you don’t want the liqueur, simply substitute orange juice.
 
I’ve been making this recipe for years and always used my large Pyrex baking dish. When I filmed the video, I had so much stuff in my freezer I had no choice but to use a baking sheet. It made the transfer to the freezer very challenging! It was quite a balancing act. I highly suggest you stick to the baking dish… it’s easier.
 
Granita di Caffè Con Panna is absolutely a must for this summer. It’s deliciously refreshing and quite easy to make. It can be enjoyed as a dessert or a snack. Broaden your cold treat repertoire by adding this scrumptious Italian recipe to your folder…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more scrumptious cold treat recipes for you to try this summer…
– Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
– Kiwi Vodka Sorbet
– Black Cherry Ice Cream coming up on July 21st, 2022
– Shamrock Shake Copycat
– Strawberry Ice Cream
– Cherry Cola Float coming up on July 27th, 2023
– Lemon Gelato coming up on June 15th, 2023
and for even more ice cream and cold treat recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Ice Cream and More


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/granita-di-caffe-con-panna-italian-coffee-granita/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 




No comments:

Post a Comment