Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Philly Cheesesteak Recipe • A Tasty American Sandwich! | Club Foody

 

A sandwich! It’s probably the most convenient finger food there is. It can be enjoyed for lunch as well as dinner along with a saladfries or simply by itself. There are so many different ways to prepare them like with meatpoultry, seafood, fish, or just with tomatoes, eggs, and so on.
 
The United States has a few delicious ones. I think of a Pimento Cheese Sandwich they serve at Augusta, the New Orleans’ Shrimp Po` Boy or Muffaletta Sandwich, Lobster Rolls from Maine, the famous Reuben Sandwich from New York, the Denver Omelet or this one… Philly Cheesesteak!
 
David and I enjoy this American classic a lot. It’s made with eye of round roast – ribeye can be another alternative -, caramelized onions and sautéed peppers & mushrooms then topped with melted cheese on a hoagie bun. This is totally an OMG!
 
In the video, I have my thin slices of beef but normally, I have them paper thin. The best way to really have them super thin is to cover the piece of meat with plastic wrap or foil and freeze it for 45 minutes. This will make the task easier unless you have a good butcher that you can ask to slice it for you.
 
I like to marinate the meat just to revive it. Soaking the meat in a herb & spice mixture with beef broth helps to re-tenderize the meat. It brings back the moisture and adds more flavor to the beef. When it’s time to warm up the beef slices, I also pour the marinade in the skillet and cover so it creates lots of steam just like when I make my Leftover Steak Fajitas. When you bite into your Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, you won’t believe how moist and tender the meat is.
 
When I make my French Onion Soup Gratinée, it takes forever to caramelize the onions. Here we’re making a sandwich so by starting on medium heat, coating them nicely with the oil and clarified butter then reducing the heat down to medium-low, it expedites the process as long as we stir them often so they get soft without browning.
 
Let’s talk about the cheese. I know that the “traditional” recipe calls for provolone. It melts nicely… that’s all I have to say. On the other hand, I’m all about flavors and in my opinion, this cheese doesn’t do justice to my taste buds therefore I prefer using Gouda. Like I mention often, recipes can be modified to your liking and this is exactly what I do by not using provolone.
 
With moist and tender thinly sliced roast beef, caramelized onions and sautéed vegetables along with melted Gouda, this Philly Cheesesteak is a great comfort food at its best! It’s a delicious way to use up your leftover meat. Enjoy this classic American sandwich anytime.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious sandwich recipes…
– Nacho Cheese Sandwich
– Chicken Gyros
– Grilled Fish Tacos
– Tuna Melt
– Calzone
– Moo Shu Pork Tortillas
and for even more beef recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/philly-cheesesteak/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Philly Cheesesteak




No comments:

Post a Comment