Thursday, September 1, 2022

Pesto 8 Ways - Part Two • Versatile & Healthy! | Club Foody

 

When the end of April arrives, David and I are ready to start our herb garden unless the weather is not cooperative. It’s not just a hobby, it’s a MUST! I can’t imagine cooking without fresh herbs. Rosemary, chives, basil, oregano, mint, parsley, sage, and others are our favorites that we grow every year. We also cultivate fruits and vegetables.
 
Although there’s still a few weeks before the fall season steps in, David and I will slowly start to harvest our garden by doing canning, recipes, and so on. I make Basil Lemon ButterTabbouleh, and Mint Jelly along with some spice blends like Italian SeasoningHerbes de Provence, etc. A sauce that I make annually is Pesto. It’s a great versatile condiment that can be used in pasta, over roasted vegetables, in sandwiches, bread or pizza, in salad dressings, and so on. Last year, I shared 4 amazing recipes and now here’s the second segment of Pesto 8 Ways – Part Two!
 
In this episode, I’m sharing my Greek, Thai, Moroccan and Picada which is the Spanish version of pesto. Like the previous ones that are Basic, Italian, Mexican and Asian, these are deliciously different, giving you an assortment of tastes to choose from. Each recipe is super easy to make and also freezes very well for later use.
 
When most people think of pesto, right away basil is the herb that comes to mind. Although it’s a common one for the making of this sauce, other herbs can be used instead like parsley, cilantro, spinach, kale, mint, sage, etc. The components for pesto are basically the same; herb, acid, nuts and oil. From there, it’s just a matter of letting your imagination do the rest like I did when I created these Pesto 8 Ways – Part Two recipes…
 
As I mentioned above, all these flavors give you a wider range to create recipes. A couple of days ago, I posted my Mediterranean Chicken Pasta and the pesto I used in this dish is my Italian one. In the near future, I’ll be sharing more recipes using the other ones so it gives you an idea on how diversified these sauces can be…
 
Pesto 8 Ways – Part Two as well as Part One brings you a beautiful selection to choose from. Although the Basic one is the most popular, making the others opens up new horizons of inspiration for many tasty recipes…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are several more healthy recipes for you to enjoy…
– Creamy Tahini Sauce
– Pisto Manchego
– Polynesian Smoothie
– Mixed Tomato Salad
– Sopa Ajoblanco ~ White Gazpacho
– Cauliflower & Celery Root Purée
and for even more sauces recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Sauces & Marinades


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/pesto-8-ways-part-two/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Pesto 8 Ways - Part Two




No comments:

Post a Comment