Thursday, October 12, 2023

Butternut Squash Soup Recipe • Perfect for Fall! | Club Foody

 

We like to eat soup 🥣 all year round. During summer, I have a vast choice of cold soups I can make such as Chilled AvocadoVichyssoiseSopa AjoblancoChilled Roasted PepperSpanish Gazpacho, etc. For the colder months, the selection is even bigger. So far, there’s over 2 dozen hot soup recipes on the site and they keep coming – did I mention that I really like making soups?
 
Here in British Columbia when October arrives, it starts getting pretty chilly 🥶 and that is when I roll up my sleeves to make comforting soup recipes like Creamy CabbageAvgolemono ChickenBeef BarleyItalian WeddingHot & SourUdon Noodle, and many more including this one… Butternut Squash Soup!
 
This recipe is very easy to make and the results are deliciously comforting! With a beautiful array of vegetables along with seasonings, this is a nice soup to add to your folder. Within an hour 🕐, you can enjoy it!
 
As the title refers, butternut squash is the vegetable I’m using although botanically speaking, all squashes are fruit but most of the time, we treat them as veggies. The outer skin of this vegetable is tough and can be intimidating to prep but last month, I shared a couple methods to make the task easier 😉. Click here to find out how… How to Peel Butternut Squash • 2 Easy Ways
 
That day, I was going to make my Caponata then I switched for Butternut Squash Soup. When watching the video 📽, you’ll see (and hear as well because I mentioned it) that my onions 🧅 are not roughly cut and not the same size as the other veggies because they were dedicated for that Italian dish. Like my father often said – “only fools and dead men don’t change their minds”.
 
When all the vegetables are sautéed and the star of the show is in, I pour the chicken broth. It’s important that all the ingredients are submerged in the liquid. After pushing them down and if they’re still not completely covered, simply add more broth.
 
Frequently, I have subscribers asking me for the measurements when switching from fresh herbs to dry or vice versa. The ratio is very simple; 1 tablespoon of fresh equals 1 teaspoon of dried. Also, 99% of recipes can be adapted to your liking so if I use cayenne and you don’t like it, use hot paprika instead 😊.
 
Some recipes out there roast the squash before adding it to the pot. I don’t because not only is it another step but also doesn’t really make any difference to go through the trouble. If you want to do it, go ahead…
 
To make it velvety and rich in texture, I add heavy cream. If you want to cut down on the calories, substitute half-and-half. When it’s time to serve, I lightly drizzle more on top then add cooked bacon 🥓 and chopped parsley. It makes such a gorgeous presentation!
 
Tasty, colorful & healthy 💚, this Butternut Squash Soup is great to make during the cold season. It can be served as an appetizer or enjoy it as a meal with some crusty bread 🥖. It’s a recipe you have to save to your folder and make this fall 🍁!
Bon Appétit!🍽
 
Check out these other amazing soup & chowder recipes…🥰
– West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder
– Lasagna Soup
– Cream of Celery Soup
– Corn Chowder
– Wonton Soup
– Chicken Tortilla Soup
– Bay Scallop Chowder
and for even more soup & chowder 🥣 recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Soups & Chowders


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/butternut-squash-soup/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Butternut Squash Soup




No comments:

Post a Comment