Thursday, July 25, 2024

Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe | Club Foody

 

Since my teens, I’ve been making desserts… uncomplicated and easy like Fruit Salad, Trifles, pudding such as Butterscotch, Chocolate or Vanilla, and so on. Eventually, I started making cakes 🍰 from scratch like Blueberry Cake or Pineapple Upside Down Cake which I’ve enhanced the flavor of since then.
 
When it comes to frosting and icing, my first attempt was a disaster! After baking a chocolate cake, I wanted to finish it with a nice coffee icing. The way I read the recipe was to put a “cup” of coffee and the rest of the ingredients, mix it and done! Well, it didn’t go that way… 😏
 
I literally added a full cup of ground coffee in the bowl along with the other ingredients and mixed. I tasted it and it was disgusting! I kept adding sugar and almost a pound of it later, I gave up and went to the store to buy 🛒 icing from a can. That was it for me making icing or frosting from scratch… well for a while.
 
In my 30s’, I armed myself with courage 🦸‍♀️ and decided to give it another try. The first one I made was Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, then moved on to chocolate, coffee icing (this time it was fabulous) and so on. After building some serious confidence, I also started making Chocolate Ganache.
 
Being a berry lover, I tried making Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting but like my first coffee icing, it didn’t turn out the way I wanted. I stubbornly made it a few times until I finally got it right! This venture cost me a lot of money 💰 in raspberries…
 
When these little guys are in season, I take advantage by making this delicious Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting. I like using it when I make my Chocolate Cupcakes… yummy! In the past, I used it to stuff donuts 🍩 which is another way to enjoy this recipe.
 
It’s pretty fast to make ⏳ and yields over 2 ¼ cups which is perfect to ice cakes and cupcakes. For a 3-layer cake, I suggest you double the recipe. If there’s leftovers, freeze it for up to 10 days in an airtight container.
 
As you know, most fruits contain a lot of water 💧 so to make sure the frosting isn’t runny, take a spoonful and invert it. If it doesn’t fall back in the bowl, the frosting is ready otherwise add a little cornstarch at a time (no more than ¼ cup) and process again. It will thicken the mixture without changing the taste.
 
This Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting is so tasty and very cute to look at 😍 – pink is one of my favorite colors! It’s quick and easy to make and a scrumptious way to enjoy this fruit! Give it a try, you’ll be quite happy with the results!
Bon Appétit! 🍽
 
Here are more scrumptious dessert recipes for you to try… 😀
– Cherry Clafoutis
– Chocolate Beet Cake
– Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
– Key Lime Pie
– Mille-Feuille
– Orange Flan
– Flapper Pie
and for even more dessert recipes 🍰🍩, click on this link… Recipe Category • Dessert


For ingredient amounts, directions, and much more, visit  https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/raspberry-cream-cheese-frosting/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel 📽 by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting




No comments:

Post a Comment