Thursday, April 28, 2016

Easy-Cheesy Herb Pizza Dough

Making homemade pizza dough has become more popular in the last decade and people are getting all the toys to make their own. From pizza stones, to scrapers, to imported 00 flour, to pizza ovens, this new trend gives bakers an opportunity to experiment with ingredients and showcase their creativity!


There are a lot of you out there who either don’t know how to make pizza dough or are intimidated by it. I was once the “intimidated” one but because of my curiosity or my sense of adventure, I took the chance to make it and I have to say I won’t go back to store-bought pre-made pizza crust ever again, unless I am forced to (lack of time).


Making pizza dough is pretty straight forward. The most important component of dough making is “TIME”. If you want to have awesome flavorful dough, start the day before. If time is an issue, letting your dough rise twice is pretty decent.


What I am sharing with you today is my Easy-Cheesy Herb Pizza Dough. As the title mentions, it is easy and I added cheese with herbs because I love those ingredients. Now you can adapt yours the way you want or make it plain without the cheese and herbs. Don’t expect to see in the video Frankie throwing dough up in the air…I’m too clumsy for that and very accident prone as well. I want to scrape my dough off the rolling mat not the ceiling…lol!


Don’t be afraid and really give it a shot. If you follow the directions and take your “time”, I guarantee you’ll love the results and perhaps just like me, you won’t go back to pre-made pizza crust bought from the store. I’m sure you’ll become a great pizzaiolo in no time…Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/easy-cheesy-herb-pizza-dough/

No comments:

Post a Comment