Thursday, April 7, 2016

West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder

I enjoy going out to nice restaurants to try out new dishes, although I can be disappointed by what I order quite often. When there’s a dish I order that doesn’t really hit the mark, I don’t get upset, but actually get challenged by the experience.


It gives me the opportunity to evaluate and elevate it and try to make it better. I love to deconstruct and reconstruct a recipe, taking something good and turning it into something delicious! This really helped me build my cooking skills and added to my repertoire of recipes.


On our anniversary, David and I went to a very nice restaurant in Vancouver to Celebrate. We ordered Smoked Salmon Chowder as an appetizer and although it was good, it was still missing something in the flavor department.


As soon as I had the chance, I popped out to the store and bought the ingredients I needed, and put together my version…it turned out to be really, really good. Just incredible! Of course this is based on my own personal taste and opinion, but I’ll let you be the judge of it.


Enjoy this yummy chowder as a main course, served with crusty bread and butter. Not only will it warm your soul, but it will also put a big smile on your face… Bon Appétit


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/west-coast-smoked-salmon-chowder/

No comments:

Post a Comment