Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sautéed Scallops with Beurre Blanc Recipe • Elegant Dish! | Club Foody

When I want to make something for a special occasion or just because I want to spoil myself, I always think of seafood. My absolute favorite is scallops! I love their light fruity taste and delicate texture. These mollusks are not only flavorful but also very healthy. They are packed with nutrients including Vitamin B-12, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, magnesium, potassium and are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids.

 
There are many ways to prepare scallops but because of their delicate flavor, it is important to not use any ingredients that could overpower them. Here’s a scrumptious recipe of mine that makes the scallops shine… my Sautéed Scallops with Beurre Blanc! The sauce is a “Beurre Blanc”, which means “white butter”. It is slightly technical but definitely not complicated.
 
The secret to making beurre blanc is to ensure the sauce doesn’t get too hot otherwise the butter will separate. The way to prevent this is lifting the saucepan often, therefore decreasing the temperature. I use a stick of butter (1/2 cup) that I divide into 8 pieces (8 tbsps). I always make sure that I lift my saucepan every 2 tablespoons of butter I add. Also make sure to whisk in each tablespoon of butter completely before adding another one.
 
As soon as you master the beurre blanc method, you will be making this dish over and over again. It is so easy to prepare as well as being an elegant dish. If you really want to impress your guests, go with this Sautéed Scallops with Beurre Blanc recipe… it’s a real winner!
 
Just keep in mind one more important thing about sautéed scallops; they require next to no time to cook. Depending on the size, it might take anywhere between 90 seconds to 2 minutes per side.
 
The best way to serve these incredible Sautéed Scallops with Beurre Blanc is with rice like my Wild Rice Pilaf with Porcini, Cranberries and Toasted Almonds and some steamed vegetables such as green beansbroccolini or asparagus. Don’t get intimidated by the beurre blanc technique, just get into your kitchen and give it a try, I am sure you’ll love it.
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious seafood and fish recipes…
– Mediterranean Fish Fillet with Tapenade
– Prawn Saganaki
– Pacific Coast Salmon on the BBQ
– Crab Louie Salad
– Panko Breaded Fish Fillet
– Sole Almondine
and for more elegant recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Elegant Cuisine


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/sauteed-scallops-with-beurre-blanc/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment