Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Singapore Noodles Recipe • A Flavorful Chinese Dish! | Club Foody


When I first moved to Windsor, Ontario I went to a little Chinese restaurant with a friend of mine and was introduced to 
Singapore Noodles. Oh boy, I was hooked immediately! Every week thereafter, I had to have this dish at the restaurant, for take out or delivery. I just had to have my fix of Singapore Noodles. I tried different locations but always went back to my favorite tiny Chinese restaurant.
 
I moved to different areas in Ontario and unfortunately, never found the same amazing flavor in Singapore Noodles at any location. When I got to the West Coast, one day I was talking to my husband David about how wonderful this dish was and how much I missed it. He just looked at me and asked me to try duplicating the recipe. What a challenge it was! I was in Windsor almost 30 years ago and reaching deep into my memory “box” to recreate flavor and texture wasn’t an easy task.
 
It took me almost a month to think of it but when I got ready, I announced to him that “tonight” was the night we were having “the” Singapore Noodles. I was almost there on my first try. After a couple more attempts, I finally got this dish to “perfection” or if you prefer my Windsor Perfection!
 
Soon after, it was where it should be, I decided to make my own Char Siu Pork. You must think -“she must be kidding me!”. No I’m not and I’ll tell you why. The taste when this pork is freshly made is amazing plus it’s very cheap to buy. C’mon, as a foody, I just had to give it a try and I’m glad I did because it makes the dish tastes even better.
 
It can be a bit challenging and time consuming when making Singapore Noodles but if you do your “mise en place” (read the Footnote for the definition below) before hand then making this dish becomes much easier. Also if there is any Char Siu leftover, here’s another recipe where I use it in… my Udon Noodle Soup!
 
It’s a fabulous recipe and worth the challenge of making it.  After your try it, you’ll realize that this Asian dish will become your favorite too!
Bon Appétit!
 
FOOTNOTE: What does “Mise en Place” mean? It’s a French term that roughly translates into English as “putting in place” which means having everything prepped ahead and being ready before you start cooking. Prep all your ingredients, cut what has to be cut, measure everything, have your spices ready so when you’re ready to start a recipe, there’s no panic in the kitchen as some recipes can go pretty fast! I do my mise en place for each recipe I make because I want to “calmly” focus on making the dish not on freaking out because there is so much going on at once….
 
Check out these other tasty Asian recipes…
– Vietnamese Summer Rolls
– Dakgangjeong – Sweet & Spicy Crispy Korean Chicken
– Wonton Soup
– Chinese 5 Spice Spare Ribs
– Thai Chicken Curry
– Sweet & Sour Pineapple Pork
– Quick & Easy Chicken Chop Suey
and for even more International recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • International

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/singapore-noodles/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment