Thursday, May 5, 2016

El Pollo Cinco de Mayo - Mexican Chicken

A few years ago, we purchased a slow cooker and although it is such a convenient little kitchen appliance, we didn’t use it as often as we should.

 Recently, I received a request from a lady I’ve met on social media. She’s a sweetie and I just love her personality. Unfortunately, she has been dealing with multiple sclerosis for over 30 years and cooking has been a challenge for her. Her request was if I had any super-easy recipes on hand that I would like to share with her. This is when my slow cooker popped into my head. As little as I used it in the past, it was time to remove the dust and cook with it again.

 

As I am writing this, I don’t have a vast collection of slow cooker recipes but the ones I have are amazing. My first slow cooker recipe I’ll be sharing with you is “El Pollo Cinco de Mayo” because it was inspired by Mexican ingredients and cuisine. It features chicken of course, Jalapeno pepper, Ancho and Chipotle chili powders and cilantro for a little Mexican caliente.


 I hope this recipe is easy enough for you to try and especially for my friend on social media.This is my way to celebrate Mexican Latin culture and hope you will join the celebration too. Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/el-pollo-cinco-de-mayo-mexican-chicken/


No comments:

Post a Comment