Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Chickpea Corn Salad

I had chickpeas when I was a child and somehow never really enjoyed them… I couldn’t stand the texture. Therefore growing up and becoming a young lady, each time I came across this legume, I always avoided it.

I’ve always loved being active and at some point I was so involved in fitness that I started to modify my eating habits. After reading many books and researching health and fitness, I discovered that legumes were excellent for you, which somehow I kind of knew but preferred to dismiss. Of course chickpeas were on the list so to give these little guys a second chance I decided to mix them with a bunch of other preferred vegetables. This is how this salad was created.


Till this day, I’m not a big fan of legumes but I make an extra effort to incorporate them along with other healthy choices in our diet. They are packed with protein, fiber, manganese and folate. In certain cuisines such as Indian, chickpeas are very popular.


For those of you who are vegetarian or vegan, you know all about legumes and their benefits. For the rest of us, we have to learn how to incorporate more of them into our diet which is a clever move, if you ask me. Give these healthy little guys a try…you won’t regret it. Bon Appétit!


For ingredient amounts and much more., visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/chickpea-corn-salad-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment