Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Strawberry Butter

The month of June has so much going on… it’s the last month of school for kids before summer vacation, Father’s Day, warm weather, summer solstice, harvest season along with food festivals. Going to one of these is fun and it attracts so many people. One I really enjoy is the Strawberry Festival. There are booths to buy cooked and/or prepared food items, knick-knacks to buy, games, Ferris wheel and rides, sometimes entertainment and mascots as well as displays of the star of the festival which is the strawberry. It’s a fun way to spend an afternoon and bring back home some fresh goodies!

Now you’re at home and bought a lot of nice and juicy strawberries. Of course the first couple of days after washing them, you’ll probably eat the strawberries just like they are. These little guys are so awesome but they don’t keep well for too long so the next logical step is to bake or cook with them. Of course jams, ice cream and pies are a popular alternative use for them. There are also other ways to use strawberries in an unorthodox recipe that might surprise you…

Last year, my crisper was filled with strawberries. I made ice cream… I love that flavor! I also made a delicious strawberry shortcake… yum! Still, I had so many of these juicy little guys left! I used some in my smoothie but there were more and I wasn’t going to waste them – I can’t stand wasting food! So I’ve decided to think outside of the box for another use for strawberries.

That weekend, I created a few recipes with them that I never made before and the results were scrumptious! Here’s one of them… Strawberry Butter! That’s right, you read right! You won’t believe how delightful this is! The taste is simply beautiful and so perfect to spread on English muffins, scones, croissants, bagels, biscuits… you name it! Also there’s a plus to it… it freezes remarkably well! You can enjoy this flavorful butter anytime even after the season is long gone! It is also an elegant way to serve butter for your next brunch party.
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/strawberry-butter/

No comments:

Post a Comment