Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Silk & Satin Chocolate Pie

Chocolate has been around for a long time now! Apparently chocolate originated in South America. The Aztecs and Mayas were making chocolate beverages known as xocolãtl which means “bitter water”. Of course, when it’s not fermented, the taste is quite bitter.
 
Chocolate is so popular worldwide and for good reason… Besides its scrumptious taste, chocolate (I’m talking dark here so we’re on the same page/blog) may prevent cancer, reduce stroke risk and heart disease with its pentamer, flavanols and polyphenols as well as protecting against inflammation.
 
It also helps brain function, protects your skin, improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure. Now that’s a medicine I have no problem taking every day as long as the percentage of cocoa is high enough – something around 72% +. Don’t think the chocolate in candy bars is the answer… nope!
 
Once in a while I crave a chocolate dessert so the other day I couldn’t make up my mind about which dessert to make between Chocolate Satin pie and French Silk pie. What? Come on, I’m sure you’ve had a chocolate pie before. What about French Silk pie? What’s the difference, you ask?
 
Not a whole lot besides one is creamier (French Silk pie) and the other one is richer with its dark chocolate (Chocolate Satin pie). What I did was basically take the chocolate mousse recipe from my French Silk pie and combined it with my dark Chocolate Satin pie… et voilà! Here was my new creation… my Silk & Satin Chocolate Pie! This is what happens when a woman is perimenopausing and can’t make up her mind! Besides my hormonal situation, the results were amazing. It was the best of both… pies! Not too creamy and not too custardy, just perfect!
 
I won’t blame this on my hormonal situation but I needed more impact so instead of using a regular graham pie crust, I decided to use my Chocolate Honey Graham Cracker Pie Crust . As I was ready to serve it later on, I got another brilliant idea… let’s garnish it with some homemade whipped cream and shaved chocolate – talk about the ultimate dessert… this is the ultimate chocolate overdose!
 
Luckily, my idea turned out amazing and in the future, I might come up with even more recipe combinations! This Silk & Satin Chocolate Pie is a beautiful combination of two decadent chocolate desserts. If you are serious about chocolate, this pie is definitely for you…
Bon Appétit!
 
This is a recipe that use raw eggs. To pasteurize them at home, click on this link… Pasteurizing Eggs
 
Here are more scrumptious dessert recipes for you to try…
– Cream Cheese Carrot Cake
– Christmas Stollen
– Tiramisu
– Matcha Cheesecake
– Butterscotch Pudding
– Key Lime Pie
and for even more “chocoholic” dessert recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Chocoholic

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/silk-satin-chocolate-pie/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment