Thursday, August 31, 2017

Creamy Mashed Cauliflower

I grew up as a kid with “meat & potatoes” on the family dining table. My dad loved this combination. Personally, I couldn’t stand the monotony of it. Nine out of ten times this is what we were eating. Very seldom did we have rice and obviously when it was pasta night, there were no potatoes around – perhaps that’s the reason why I love pasta so much…. My mother tried to make it fun and interesting by serving the potatoes in different ways. She boiled them, mashed them, sautéed them, scalloped them and even fried them.

Another childhood memory I have is when my mother was sending me to the basement to get a few potatoes for dinner. I went downstairs with a large bowl and picked a bunch of tubers from that big 10 lb bag – yep that big! When I moved out on my own, for the first 2 years, I probably ate rice most of the time… Don’t get me wrong, I loved potatoes but just needed a break from them!

At home we don’t eat potatoes that often because I constantly diversify my menu. When we do, just like my mother, I make sure to change them around; scalloped, mashed, etc. A few years ago, I decided to really change things up and opt for cauliflower instead of the traditional potatoes and make mashed with them. We both really enjoyed the taste of it and the creamy texture was just fabulous! Some complain about the texture being grainy… the secret is…? Well I guess you’ll have to watch the video to find out…

If you’re bored with your potatoes no matter which form they take, you definitely should try this recipe… it makes dinner more interesting!
Bon Appétit!

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/creamy-mashed-cauliflower/

No comments:

Post a Comment