Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Crab Louie Salad Recipe • A West Coast Classic! | Club Foody

Since I moved to Vancouver, I’ve been travelling a lot with David. We’ve gone on many road trips together along the Pacific coast and enjoyed the spectacular scenery! One of my favorite spots is driving along the Oregon coast… Oh my! It is almost supernatural with its big rocks standing in the water with a slight haze surrounding them. We’ve taken extraordinary photos from sunrises to sunsets and each has a mystical flare to the picture.
 
The cool thing that David and I love to do is to experiment with new dishes – he’s finally more adventurous in that department… yippee! and even more so when we travel. There is a dish that we’ve never had before and we were quite impressed with. It is a Crab Louie Salad! I’m not sure if we tried it the first time in Oregon or California but it sure had an impact on us.
 
As soon as we came back from our trip (can’t remember which one it was), I made my own version of a Thousand Island dressing and assembled the ingredients for the Crab Louie Salad. Throughout the years, I added ingredients by replacing others to the point that now we love it just the way it is. I do add avocado but if you are not sure how to handle this fruit, click here… How to Prep an Avocado
 
My version of a Crab Louie Salad is a good place to start and you can easily change some of my ingredients with your favorite ones. I love to combine crab and prawns but you can either keep one of them or for a vegan/vegetarian version omit both seafood. I personally don’t serve this type of salad as an appetizer but more as my main course. It is packed with yumminess and when you eat this salad, trust me you feel goooood! Next time you want to have just a salad for dinner, don’t look any further… this is the one unless you have a Julienne or Cobb salad!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other great healthy recipes…
– Energy Berry Bites
– Vegetable Medley
– Chilled Avocado Soup
– Red Snapper en Papillote
– Squash à la Canadienne
– Berry Fusion Smoothie
and for even more salad and dressing recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Salad & Dressings

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/crab-louie-salad/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


 

No comments:

Post a Comment