Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Quick & Easy Sautéed Broccolini | Club Foody

We all have our own interests that entice us. Some would get captivated by watching movies, others would be engaged by reading books and people like me get excited trying new food items…

When I go out and see something on the menu that I’ve never seen before, you can bet that is what I will order. Of course I do get disappointed once in a while but overall I’m pleased with this adventurous spirit of mine.

The very first time David and I went to Seattle together, we stayed a week exploring the Emerald City. As a “foody”, this was a great destination! We went out to many restaurants and tried different cuisines. This is when we first tasted broccolini! Since then, it has been my favorite vegetable.
 

Broccolini vs broccoli

Broccolini is similar to its counterpart except for a few little things. It has smaller florets, the stalks are longer and thinner plus it has more of a delicate flavor compared to broccoli. When it comes to serving an elegant meal, this amazing vegetable is the one I like to choose.

My Quick & Easy Sautéed Broccolini is a great recipe because it brings just enough flavor without overpowering the taste of the vegetable. As the title says, it’s quick and easy to make. In less than 15 minutes you have yourself a flavorful and elegant side dish to serve along with your main course.

Sautéed broccolini is not the only option… You can simply steam it and serve it with butter, salt and pepper. I haven’t gone further to create another way to prepare this vegetable as I’m so pleased with the results from this recipe. I don’t want to compromise the taste of it…

At your next dinner party, this sautéed broccolini side dish is definitely the perfect choice as it goes so well with a wide selection of recipes. It’s elegant – I know I mentioned that a few time but it is quite stylish for a vegetable – , tasty but not as strong as broccoli and fast to make… A simply great side dish!
Bon Appétit!

Check out these great vegetable and side dish recipes…
Vegetable Medley
Green Beans with Chili-Orange Oil
Tomates à la Provençale (Tomatoes Provençal)
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
German Red Cabbage
Creamed Spinach – Steakhouse Style
and for even more vegetable and side dish recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Vegetables & Sides

 

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit http://clubfoody.com/recipe/quick-easy-sauteed-broccolini/

No comments:

Post a Comment