Thursday, January 24, 2019

Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup | Club Foody


Those of us who live in a cold climate during the winter months know that there are certain dishes that warm us up inside out and “soups” are at the top of the list. To me, making homemade soups is a necessity as they help me get through the frigid time of the year…
 
Why I enjoy making soups so much is that they can easily turn into a main dish like my Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup! With chunks of beef mixed with barley in a lovely broth, this soup definitely fills you up. This is the kind of meal that we feel great having… It’s definitely comfort food! Also another reason why this soup appears on my menu almost each winter is I don’t really have to babysit it… the slow cooker do the job for me!
 
I like to serve this Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup with crusty bread like my French Baguettes spread with butter. Although very filling, it also pairs very well with a grilled cheese or my Monte Cristo or my Croque-Monsieur sandwich which will be coming up on August 8th, 2019… stay tuned!
 
I have a long list of favorite soups but this one is in my top 5. I grew up with this soup and when I came back home from school or after playing outside in the snow, this soup did exactly what it was supposed to do; wrap me up with warmth inside out and take care of my hunger…
 
As an adult, I’ve made this soup a ton of times during the winter and each spoon takes me back to when I was a child. Now living in British Columbia where the winter is not as harsh as the ones in the East, I still enjoy this amazing soup and more so because I use my slow cooker to make it!
 
As much as this is an uncomplicated recipe, it is a great soup to keep around when the thermometer starts dropping and there’s a snow storm outside. I’m telling you… this Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup is a dish that your whole family will enjoy!
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more delicious soup recipes for you to try…
 Broccoli Cheddar Soup
 Udon Noodle Soup
 West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder
 Minestrone Soup
 Carrot Soup with Mashed Potatoes
 Turkey Noodle Soup
and for even more soup & chowder recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Soups

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit 

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment