Thursday, September 19, 2019

Mediterranean Leg of Lamb • Elegant Holiday Dish! | Club Foody

We all have our favorite cuisines. In my case, I try to figure out which ones are in my top 3… the list changes constantly! One that I enjoy a lot is Mediterranean cuisine. From many different countries surrounding the sea and with a vast selection of ingredients, spices and fresh herbs, this cuisine sets itself apart from the others.
 
I’ve already posted several recipes that are categorized under Mediterranean cuisine; Spanish PaellaShakshukaMediterranean Fish Fillet with TapenadeChicken GyrosEasy FalafelBBQ Beef Shish KebabsMushroom Risotto and Baba Ghanoush, just to name a few.
 
Here’s another delicious recipe joining this category… my Mediterranean Leg of Lamb!
 
I have to admit, this recipe is quite tasty! I like to make a quick marinade to rub over the lamb and let it sit anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours – it all depends on how much time I have. When it’s done cooking, I have a lovely gravy that I use to baste it in when I’m ready to serve. I like to serve this Mediterranean Leg of Lamb recipe with my Moroccan Couscous Salad or Wild Rice Pilaf with Porcini, Cranberries and Toasted Almonds with steamed vegetables such as this great recipe, the Quick & Easy Sautéed Broccolini.
 
This is the kind of dish that is quite nice to serve because it makes such a beautiful presentation and also because there’s not too much to do. After the marinade is done, the rest is kiddy play. This Mediterranean Leg of Lamb is the perfect choice for any special occasion.
 
In the video, I use the pan juice to make a nice gravy with. It’s an extra step but so worth it. It captures all the flavors from the marinade and is perfect to serve with the lamb. I also serve my Mint Jelly along with it – we all know that mint and lamb is a match made in culinary heaven!
 
As Thanksgiving is coming exactly a few weeks from now, you might be wondering what to serve your guests. With its beautiful aroma and exotic flavor, this Mediterranean Leg of Lamb is sure to please everyone.
Bon Appétit!
 
NOTE: Here’s a chart for internal temperature…
• Medium-Rare = between 140ºF to 150ºF which is about 20 minutes per pound.
• Medium = between 150ºF to 160ºF which is about 25 minutes per pound
• Medium well = between 160ºF to 170ºF which is about 30 minutes per pound.
• Well-done = 170ºF + which is about 35 minutes per pound
 
Here are more elegant recipes for you to try…
– Pork Tenderloin Vitali
– Sautéed Scallops with Beurre Blanc
– Braised Short Ribs with Sherry & Shiitake
– Bouillabaisse à la Marseillaise
– Baked Goat Cheese with Almonds
– North African Chicken Thighs with Dates & Pomegranate Molasses
– Veal Florentine
and for even more lamb recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Lamb

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment