Thursday, September 26, 2019

Shakshuka • A Tasty Breakfast! | Club Foody

When it comes to breakfast and brunch, there are so many great recipes out there beyond fried eggs and bacon. There’s a dish that originated in Tunisia, although it has been prepared for centuries in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean regions, that is absolutely incredible and amazingly flavorful… Shakshuka or Shakshouka, take your pick.
 
For the life of me, I can’t remember where I tried my first one. Was it in New York, Vegas, Chicago, or Toronto…? I don’t know! It doesn’t really matter because the bottom line is this dish is simply perfect. I couldn’t believe how tasty it was. If you’ve never had this wonderful meal before, you’re probably wondering what I’m talking about. Here’s a quick synopsis…
 
The making of the sauce is with fresh tomatoes and other fresh ingredients like onions and peppers plus fresh herbs and spices including paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin and caraway. Many times, I take a short cut of this recipe by using my Marinara Sauce as I always make a big batch. Eggs are placed in that beautiful sauce and poached to perfection. This dish is served with fresh crusty bread or challah… yum!
 
Shakshouka is served during breakfast or brunch although it can be enjoyed anytime. I like to make this recipe for my guests during the weekend. The aroma of this lovely sauce gently simmering, gives this dish its special signature.
 
During fall season when fresh tomatoes are plentiful, Shakshouka is the perfect rustic dish to make. It’s so delicious and also very easy to make! As Canadian & American Thanksgivings are approaching, this is the perfect breakfast/brunch meal to serve. It will definitely impress your guests!
Bon Appétit!
 
P.S. Now that I think about it, I could’ve had shakshouka in Montréal… Hmmmm!
 
Here are more great breakfast recipes for you to try…
– Marbled Chocolate Pecan Banana Bread
– Lemon Raspberry Muffins
– Soufflé Mexican Omelet
– Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns
– Cheddar Biscuits
– Strawberry Butter
– Quiche Lorraine
– Healthy Homemade Granola
and for even more breakfast and brunch recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category – Breakfast & Brunch

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit

Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment