Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Mandarin Chicken Recipe • Chinese American Classic | Club Foody


 I can safely say that November here in Canada is my “blah” month. Most of the time it’s “grey & wet” and not quite cold but not warm either. It’s fall with a strong winter flare in the air. November is simply a boring month. Of course there are a few days here and there that are enjoyable, sunny and somehow warmer but eh, let’s not kid ourselves, it’s November, the month that reminds us that the cold Canadian winter is coming soon!

 
The West Coast winter is not as bad as the rest of the country so I should technically stop complaining but (of course there’s a “but) it’s still no picnic here either; as I mentioned, the weather is grey and very wet. There’s not too much you can do when it rains a lot most of the time besides… cooking! That’s right!
 
Starting in October, every year I start cooking up a storm, creating new recipes as well as enjoying my “old favorites”. There’s a fusion dish that I love making during this time of year because it’s not only incredibly flavorful but also makes me happy. I’m talking about my Mandarin Chicken! Without being spicy, it has great flavor to it. The chicken is cooked perfectly along with other fresh ingredients in a nice orange sauce. To make the taste of the sauce even stronger, I add fresh mandarin oranges to it. Some prefer to add a can… I prefer adding “fresh” without the extra sugar added to the canned ones.
 
I also add an ingredient that not too many people would think of but it gives a beautiful texture to this Mandarin Chicken dish; water chestnuts! I love this ingredient for many reasons; it’s incredibly healthy because it’s high in potassium, a great source of fiber, contains antioxidants and is low in calories plus it gives you that lovely crunch which is great in salads, stir fry’s or in this recipe. When I can find them fresh, I surely buy them. Unfortunately this doesn’t happen often so I’m forced to buy them in a can. If you are in the same position as me, I highly suggest you rinse them under lukewarm water just to remove the taste from the can.
 
This Chinese American fusion dish is incredibly tasty! Served over a bed of rice along with green onions and sesame seeds, this Mandarin Chicken is a great comfort food that is sure to please everyone… even in November!
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other Asian inspired recipes…
– Wonton Soup
– Singapore Noodles
– Moo Shu Pork Tortillas
– Mongolian Beef
– Tuna Tataki with Avocado Slaw
– Matcha Cheesecake
and for even more poultry recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Poultry

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/mandarin-chicken/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment