Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Steak Diane Recipe • A Flavorful Classic Dish! | Club Foody

 


Restaurants back in the 80s’ were making a lot of dishes at the table;Caesar Salad, Saganaki Opa, Steak Tartare, Dover Sole, Chateaubriand (carved), Steak Diane, Pepper Steak, Raclette & Fondue Bourguignonne (lit), Crêpe Suzette, Bananas Foster, Cherries Jubilee, Baked Alaska, Spanish and Irish Coffee. This was quite entertaining on its own.

 
I always enjoyed having someone make something in front of me. As I mentioned many times to my husband, – “if I ever open a restaurant, these tableside dishes, desserts and drinks would be made in front of the patrons. It’s not totally “old fashioned” because these days, Guacamole is prepared at the table and Brazilian Steakhouses are very popular…
 
There’s a dish that I had back in the 80s’ that was so delicious. As soon as I figured out all the ingredients, I was making it at home. At first, it wasn’t where I wanted it to be but as they say “practice makes perfect” and after many tries, I finally got it! Here’s my Steak Diane!
 
This is totally an “OMG”! The sauce is rich, creamy and flavorful. I like to use beef tenderloin and after seasoning and searing the filets to our liking (medium-rare), the rest is all about the sauce. Half way through making it, there’s some Cognac added and after a couple seconds which is enough to warm up the alcohol, we ignite it; what a great flambé show for your guests!
 
Before even thinking about making this Steak Diane dish, there’s an important step which is making an Espagnole Sauce, one of the 5 French Classic Mother Sauces. Years ago, I shared Basic Brown Sauce with you. Now by adding tomato paste to it, it becomes an Espagnole Sauce.
 
As you know, each Mother Sauce has secondary sauces and one of them from the Espagnole is Demi-Glace. Can you buy it instead of making it from scratch? Of course but my version is a delicious shortcut that will save you a full day in making it. Eventually, I will show how to make it the way the “professional’s chefs” do it but be prepared, it’s a long haul…
 
I love my version of Steak Diane! It’s very elegant and so tasty. This is an amazing recipe to make when you are entertaining – the flambé show is such a “wow” factor! – or simply when you want to treat yourself for a special occasion. Just a little “behind the scenes info”; this dish was made and filmed back in April on my birthday during the Covid-19 pandemic. As you know we couldn’t go out, restaurants were closed so I made this to highlight my day…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these great classic recipes…
– Steak Tartare
– Oysters Rockefeller
– Coq au Vin
– Veal Ossobuco
– Bouillabaisse à la Marseillaise
– Boeuf Bourguignon (Beef Bourguignon)
– 3 Cheese Chicken Parmesan
– Coquilles St Jacques
and for even more beef recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Beef

For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/steak-diane/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment