Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Sombrero Pizza Recipe • Boston Pizza Copycat | Club Foody

 

When we start a relationship, we love to share things with each other like places we’ve been, music we like, stories from our past, family memories, opinions on diverse topics as well as food. Throughout the years, David and I have exchanged our favorite dishes with each other. After being together for over 10 years and now happily married, I thought he had told me about all of his until he came up with another one…
 
It happened when we were out at our local pizza joint. This restaurant is a popular Canadian pizza chain and they used to serve this particular pizza. For some misunderstood reason, they removed this item from their menu. David was disappointed and I’m sure many other Canadians were as well. Unfortunately, I had never tried it but he explained how delicious this pizza was, I could easily imagine the combination of ingredients and what kind of flavor it would have. After talking about it, we decided to duplicate it and here it is… our version of the Sombrero Pizza!
 
First of all, the name the pizza chain gave it was brilliant! Obviously, it has a strong Mexican influence with refried beans, taco seasoning, jalapeño peppers, oregano, salsa, cumin and cilantro. Interestingly, these ingredients pair very well together making this pizza deliciously different!
 
Talking about ingredients, I use my own Homemade Old El Paso Taco Seasoning and I also make my own pizza dough. The day I was filming the recipe, I used my Easy-Cheesy Herb Pizza Dough but other times when we make it, I switch things up and use another one of my homemade pizza doughs; Rustic Italian. It all depends on how I feel that day.
 
Another ingredient that is homemade is my Zippy Ranch Dressing. Yes I do take the time to make my own because I’m not too keen on preservatives, high amounts of sodium and other chemicals that I can’t pronounce. For this recipe, you don’t need a lot of ranch so making half the original dressing recipe is sufficient. On the other hand though, what’s leftover keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
 
Delicious, colorful and different from other pies, this Sombrero Pizza is one that you just have to make at home. After trying it, you’ll be puzzled as well on why they removed it from their menu…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other great Mexican inspired recipes…
– Chicken Tortilla Soup
– Mexican Rice
– Mixed Berry Margarita
– Spicy Beef Nacho Supreme
– Breakfast Burritos
– Mexican Cornbread
and for even more pizza & pasta recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Pizza & Pasta


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/sombrero-pizza/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment