Thursday, February 4, 2021

Potato Skins Recipe • Tex-Mex Style Appetizer | Club Foody

 

The era you lived when you were a teenager or young adult will probably end up being your favorite throughout your life. Nostalgically you’ll be remembering how great it was back then… it’s normal! You were younger, full of energy, ready to embrace your lives, experimenting and discovering new things.
 
The 80s’ was my “era’! I spent my late teen age and my early adulthood during that decade. Of course I miss it! The fashion was fabulous and very elegant (I own a High Fashion Boutique for Ladies in the late 80s to mid-90s), the music was awesome (even these days, the younger generation enjoy it!), and the food was delicious!
 
When it comes to food, sadly many popular items are hard to find now or completely disappeared from menus like Pizza Rolls, Russian dressing, Stuffed Mushrooms, Sloppy Joes, etc. including this featured one… Potato Skins!
 
This is such a delicious and easy appetizer to make. Without reinventing the wheel, I still had some ingredients to make it even more “yummy”! I add red peppers as well as jalapeño peppers, enough to give a little zip to the dish. I also use some of my Homemade Old El Paso Taco Seasoning along with smoked paprika… these alone make a tasty impact to this appetizer.
 
In case you don’t know, I have a cute nickname from friends and family; it’s Minnie Mouse! I’m sure you guess why. Of course, cheese has to be a part of it. I use a fair amount of sharp Cheddar cheese. I want my Potato Skins cheesy, not dry! Sometimes, I use a mix of Cheddar cheese and Pepper Jack for more flavor…
 
These great Potato Skins are perfect to serve during sporting events, friends gatherings or simply anytime because they’re sooo good! This is a lovely 80s’ recipe that should be enjoyed more often and for some of you who didn’t grow up during that era, you’ll understand why it was popular back then after making it…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are several more appetizer recipes from the 80s’ for you to enjoy…
– Six Layer Chip Dip
– Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
– Baked Chicken Drumettes and Wings
– Easy Chicken Quesadillas
– Pumpernickel Spinach Dip
– Zucchini Sticks
and for even more appetizer recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Appetizers


For ingredient amounts and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/recipe/potato-skins/ 


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube




No comments:

Post a Comment