Friday, March 5, 2021

Spanakopita Recipe • A Tasty Greek Appetizer! | Club Foody

 

I’ve always been like this… When I go to a restaurant, I’m not in a rush and like to sit back and relax with a cocktail or a glass of wine. I also like to order an appetizer before my meal. It calms my hungriness down plus it opens up conversations with people you are with.
 
At home, I don’t serve appetizers all the time, only occasionally. However, when I have guests over for lunch or dinner, I serve them all the time. It either sets the tone for the main course or simply keeps them satisfied until dinner is ready. It can be a dip like Muhammara, a soup such as West Coast Smoked Salmon Chowder, a small bite-size bouché like Sardine Cups or finger food like Spanakopita!
 
What a great Greek classic! It’s an easy recipe plus it can be made ahead; when ready to serve, pop them in the oven. Each time I serve this dish, everyone enjoys it, asking for the recipe! The reason is I enhance the “traditional” flavors by adding a few extra ingredients. That alone lifts it to a whole new level of yumminess.
 
I make my Spanakopita with phyllo pastry dough. Each sheet is so thin it’s almost like tissue paper therefore they have to be handled with care to prevent them from tearing. In the video, I first place some parchment paper on the counter before I lay down my 12 thawed out sheets. I grab one and then for the rest, I cover the sheets with a damp clean dish towel to prevent them from drying out; a little trick that works every time!
 
After brushing on some melted butter, laying another sheet on top and scooping on about a tablespoon of that delicious spinach filling, it’s time to shape it. Depending on how I feel, I roll them or make a triangle. I personally prefer the rolls over the triangles although the triangles are easier to handle and make.
 
The recipe makes 24 amazing Spanakopita. It’s a very tasty appetizer that can be served anytime you want simplicity that’s packed with flavor. This is definitely a dish your guests will enjoy…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other delicious Greek recipes…
– Chicken Gyros
– Prawn Saganaki
– Greek Salad
– Homemade Tzatziki sauce
– Greek Pizza
– Avgolemono Chicken Soup coming on April 27th, 2021
– Greek Ouzo Pork Kebabs coming on July 22nd, 2021
and for even more appetizer recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Appetizers


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipe/spanakopita/





No comments:

Post a Comment