Thursday, March 17, 2022

Hunter's Chicken Recipe (Poulet Chasseur) | Club Foody

 

I like to diversify our menu using different proteins but there’s one that we tend to eat more often than others and it’s chicken. I find this poultry versatile as I use most parts of it. I make Cognac Chicken Liver PâtéChicken Dijonnaise using drumsticks, plus I have a wide selection of delicious wing recipes and the same applies when using thighs and breasts. I also like to keep the bones and make stock or broth with them.
 
When it comes to thighs, I love cooking with them for a few reasons; they’re flavorful, juicy, tender and also cheaper than breasts. I have many recipes using this cut like Coq au VinMughlai ChickenSlow Cooker Chicken CacciatoreGeneral Tso’ ChickenNorth African Chicken Thighs with Dates & Pomegranate Molasses, and many others including this featured one… my Hunter’s Chicken also known as Poulet Chasseur in French!
 
This is a classic in French cuisine. Thighs are sautéed until golden brown before making a gorgeous sauce with shallots, garlic, mushrooms, tomato paste, white wine, Cognac, beef & chicken broth along with a few seasonings. This dish has a nice layer of savory flavor making it a great comfort food to enjoy on weeknights.
 
Here are a few things I would like to highlight for the making of Hunter’s Chicken aka Poulet Chasseur…
– I use bone-in and skin-on thighs but instead, you can use a whole chicken cut into 8 pieces; 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks and 2 wings.
– For mushrooms, I like to mix them with portobello and cremini but using cremini or buttom mushrooms by themselves is fine.
– When it comes to Cognac, a great substitute is brandy.
– I prefer using tomato paste versus tomatoes because it intensifies the dish.
– The mix of beef & chicken broth complement each other giving that richness to the dish. If it was only beef, it would be too earthy while only chicken, it would be too bland.
 
This is a nice French savory dish to enjoy! I like to serve my Hunter’s Chicken aka Poulet Chasseur with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies… everything wraps up so well together. Oh and let’s not forget some crusty bread! The leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more flavorful recipes that I use chicken thighs…
– Chicken Tikka Masala
– Chicken Paprikash
– Asian Peanut Chicken Curry
– Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
– Southwest Chicken Thighs
– Piri Piri Chicken coming up on August 2nd, 2022
and for even more poultry recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Poultry


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/hunters-chicken-poulet-chasseur/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Hunter's Chicken (Poulet Chasseur)




No comments:

Post a Comment