Thursday, July 21, 2022

Black Cherry Ice Cream Recipe • Dark & Delicious! | Club Foody

 

During the warm weather, I have two things that I can’t live without… my barbecue – I don’t want to heat up the kitchen – and having a cold treat! It doesn’t matter how old we are, when it’s hot outside, we like to enjoy a nice gelato, fudgesiclemilkshake, slushy, float, snow cone, popsicle, etc.
 
When it comes to ice cream, I’ve posted many scrumptious recipes like Piña ColadaBlood OrangeCoffeePassion FruitMaple Walnut, and others. Today, there’s another one to add to this list and it’s my Black Cherry Ice Cream! If I could describe it in one word, it would be this… Y-U-M-M-Y!
 
I’m a Bing cherry lover and when they are on the shelves, I turn into a kid in a candy store! First, my mouth opens and my eyes light up. I then grab a bag (or two) before getting back to my shopping – at this point, I don’t care about what else is on my grocery list and can go straight home with my cherries. If you’re like me when it comes to this particular fruit then this is the treat for you…
 
Bing cherries are great for savory recipes like Canard aux MontmorencyCherry Simple Syrup, Ham with Spicy Cherry Sauce, or beautiful Ribs with a Cherry Glaze. It’s certainly a no-brainer when it comes to desserts and beverages… Cherry Pie, Cherry Cola Float, Cherries JubileeBlack Forest Cake, Chocolate Cherry Martini, Cherry Clafoutis, etc…
 
The beauty of making this Black Cherry Ice Cream recipe is there’s no machine involved… well only when I make my Whipped Cream, I use a stand mixer. What I’m saying is most of my ice cream recipes are no churn. On the other hand, if you do own a machine, nothing is stopping you from using it.
 
One important step to do when making ice cream with fruits is to dehydrate them. To avoid the ice crystals caused by the fruit’s moisture, roasting the cherries in the oven is a good solution unless you own a dehydrator (machine #2). Either way, you don’t want them to turn too “crispy” but remove enough moisture so the ice cream turns out nice and creamy. I do the same when I make my Strawberry Ice Cream
 
When Bing cherries are in season – unfortunately only for a really short time -, take advantage and make this easy Black Cherry Ice Cream! It’s so decadent and packed with flavor. Oh my, I almost forgot… I also add a tiny amount of Cherry Brandy in the mixture but Cherry Simple Syrup can also be substituted…
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more scrumptious cold treat recipes for you to try…
– Yogurt Bars with Fruit & Nuts
– Chocolate Ice Cream
– Shamrock Shake Copycat
– Lemon Gelato coming up on June 15th, 2023
– Mango Sorbet
– Granita di Caffè Con Panna
and for even more cold treat recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Ice Cream & More


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/black-cherry-ice-cream/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Black Cherry Ice Cream




No comments:

Post a Comment