Thursday, July 7, 2022

Grilled Shrimp Summer Salad Recipe • Summer on a Plate! | Club Foody

 

Living here in British Columbia, we can pretty much barbecue all year round but obviously more so during the warm weather! I love the smell of food grilling on the “barbie”. Just that alone triggers my appetite plus the last thing I want is to warm up my kitchen in the middle of the summer.
 
Another thing in our house that goes on annually, are salads… I love making them! It’s a healthy way to add some good nutrients & vitamins into our diet. Many people think that salads are boring… I’m the opposite. I have such a delicious selection of recipes to choose from like Jicama Mango PepperCrab LouieSpring PeaJulienneCaesarSalade LyonnaiseWaldorfBacon Wedge, and so on.
 
During the summer time, I have a few that are always on my list like Moroccan Potato or Creamy Bacon Potato, my Greek Tuna Pasta or the Classic PastaCran-Apricot California SaladCreamy ColeslawMixed TomatoTabbouleh, etc. Another recipe perfect for this season is my Grilled Shrimp Summer Salad!
 
This salad is so flavorful! There’s cucumber, red pepper, onion, mango, avocado and of course, prawns! I also make a lovely dressing for it using my Sweet Chili Sauce recipe. Before the shrimp go on the BBQ, I brush on a flavorful basting sauce made with butter, my homemade Fish Rub and hot sauce which I’m particular about it – I like to use Frank’s Chili Lime which gives a beautiful taste.
 
Many of the ingredients listed for the Grilled Shrimp Summer Salad can be substituted. The lettuce can be green leaf, Romaine, iceberg or even Boston. For the dressing, when it comes to the grapeseed oil any other flavorless one can replace it like Canola, Safflower, etc. I use honey but agave nectar is another delicious alternative. I add dry roasted peanuts to my salad but if there is someone in your family who’s allergic, just omit them, it’s not a big deal!
 
One ingredient that needs special attention is avocado. After prepping it and cutting it into cubes, it’s important to toss them with ½ tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice to prevent them from browning. I’m so used to doing it that I forgot to film it but please don’t forget otherwise the presentation won’t be as appealing.
 
This mouthwatering Grilled Shrimp Summer Salad is so colorful, vibrant and very healthy. I serve it as a meal and believe me, it’s plenty! If I have to describe this dish, I would say “it’s summer on a plate!”
Bon Appétit!
 
Here are more healthy & delicious salad recipes for you to try…
– Chickpea Corn Salad
– Asian Chicken Salad
– Strawberry Salad
– Moroccan Couscous Salad
– Winter Citrus Salad
– Greek Salad
and for even more salad recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Salads & Dressings


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/grilled-shrimp-summer-salad/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Grilled Shrimp Summer Salad




No comments:

Post a Comment