Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Fig Jam Two Ways Recipes • A Tasty & Versatile Condiment! | Club Foody

 

Decades ago, I started canning because I was craving some of my parents’ recipes like Sweet & Savory KetchupBread & Butter PicklesHomemade Sweet Relish, and others. I was only making savory recipes at first as my parents never made sweet jams. When I began feeling comfortable with the canning process, I slowly ventured into sweet recipes.
 
My first “sweet” recipe was my Fig Jam Two Ways! I wanted to make my Duck Breasts with a nice savory sauce and the idea of making a fig balsamic for it sounded amazing! As I never made it before, I only used 1 pound in case it needed some tweaking… it was perfect the first time! Left with another pound, I decided to simply make a regular jam. Voilà! I broke into sweet jam making!
 
These Fig Jam Two Ways recipes are incredible! I love this fruit and having the choice to go either sweet or savory is even more attractive. I love my Strawberry, Apricot, Black & BlueRaspberry, and Plum Jam in the morning but this “sweet” one is a delicious change. My Fig Newton Cookies filling can be substituted with the regular jam recipe, bonus! Use the balsamic one to make a nice glaze or a sauce for your protein. Sweet or savory goes very well as a topping for goat cheese on crostini.
 
These two recipes are pretty much the same… they differ slightly with the ingredients and also the cooking time. The regular jam takes 5 to 10 minutes longer to cook versus the savory one which takes only 20 minutes. The processing time in a boiling water bath is 10 minutes and the resting time is 12 hours for both. Each recipe yields 2 jars of 250 ml.
 
Fig Jam Two Ways are yummy and easy recipes to enjoy this fruit! With one sweet and one savory jam, you have a choice of condiments to pick from. This is a tasty change from your everyday regular jam…
Bon Appétit!
 
Check out these other great and delicious canning recipes…
– Pickled Red Onions
– Spicy Red Pepper Jelly
– Pickled Jalapeños
– Bourbon Maple Bacon Jam
– Pickled Beets
– Mango Chutney
and for even more canning recipes, click on this link… Recipe Category • Canning


For ingredient amounts, directions and much more, visit https://clubfoody.com/cf-recipes/fig-jam-two-ways/


Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking on this link… Club Foody YouTube
 

Fig Jam 2 Ways




No comments:

Post a Comment